CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Wonderkid / Break out stars of the tournament

I think this could give Palmer the platform to 'burst onto the scene' outside of England, given Chelsea's lack of European football, I imagine he hasn't had as much exposure as some others.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing Wirtz for Germany, I think he could end up player of the tournament if the Germans do well.

Who else do you think we should keep an eye out for in the tournament?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Arda Güler (Real Madrid) and Kenan Yıldız (Juventus) of Turkey. Both very exciting creative dribblers that will take defenders on directly. 

Whats the expectations for Turkey? Ive heard good things, but dont know too much about the squad and form, to be perfectly honest.

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Whats the expectations for Turkey? Ive heard good things, but dont know too much about the squad and form, to be perfectly honest.

I'm only a casual fan compared to Chelsea, but we have probably our most talented squad since 02 World Cup and 08 Euros where we came 3rd in each. Our new Italian manager is unbeaten in qualifiers. Only has lost friendlies which had heavily rotated squads. So I'm looking forward to this tournament and think Quarters are realistic for Turkey.

Captain and centre midfielder is Hakan of Inter Milan. There is another creative wizard called Kerem who scored in both legs vs United in the CL. At centre back a physical beast called Abdulkerim and there is Çağlar formerly of Leicester who hasn't been as good as he was when he helped them to a couple of 5th place finishes and the FA Cup. 

I don't know who will be striker tbh but there is Enes who is currently playing well for Bournemouth. At right wingback is Zeki of Roma.

Our midfield is strong. Salih of Dortmund, Orkun of Benfica and Yusuf of Lille.

Basically we have decent representation across big European teams and leagues so I am hoping this variety brings the kind of experience and ideas that will not leave us looking like rabbit in headlights if we play against England,France etc.

• Thanks 1