Fantasy Premier League 23/24

My Blood Is Blue

I've just entered my team.....the bit that annoys me about these competitions is the way the rules / scoring are designed for the masses and not really the football fan with some knowledge.

You end up having to select Haaland by virtue that everyone else will , so you don't fall behind when he gets the obligatory hat trick at home to Sheff Utd , Everton etc.

Smaller transfer budget with maximum of 2 for one team, would provide a far greater test for these type of comps..........anyway mini rant over 🙂

• Agree 2

I think I joined just in time. My team is Malo Gusto Mucho. 

On 10/08/2023 at 12:00, Thiago97 said:

I've just entered my team.....the bit that annoys me about these competitions is the way the rules / scoring are designed for the masses and not really the football fan with some knowledge.

You end up having to select Haaland by virtue that everyone else will , so you don't fall behind when he gets the obligatory hat trick at home to Sheff Utd , Everton etc.

Smaller transfer budget with maximum of 2 for one team, would provide a far greater test for these type of comps..........anyway mini rant over 🙂

If Haaland picks up an injury, I suspect the whole world of fantasy premier league will implode. Suddenly the masses will have to think for themselves, and it may be too much of a burden.

Anyway you can show your football knowledge with epic CFCnet posts! We can always keep scores? That'd be fun. 😃

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

I think I joined just in time. My team is Malo Gusto Mucho. 

If Haaland picks up an injury, I suspect the whole world of fantasy premier league will implode. Suddenly the masses will have to think for themselves, and it may be too much of a burden.

Anyway you can show your football knowledge with epic CFCnet posts! We can always keep scores? That'd be fun. 😃

Don't worry mate...as I said last season..Lucky player and a one season wonder...all the signs there on Friday..Only two goals ?...no hatrick?..slippery slope.

I would love to join the Game but beyond my tech ability to even find where to go and how to do it!

We should rename this the Joao Pedro appreciation thread........I had a quick check through as it caught my eye when I noticed some other teams.

17 entrants in our mini league and 10 teams out of the 17 (including me) have selected Joao Pedro in their fantasy team !

No doubt we all thought we had identified one who would score a few points for the price and others may not have 🙂

On 16/08/2023 at 07:02, Thiago97 said:

We should rename this the Joao Pedro appreciation thread........I had a quick check through as it caught my eye when I noticed some other teams.

17 entrants in our mini league and 10 teams out of the 17 (including me) have selected Joao Pedro in their fantasy team !

No doubt we all thought we had identified one who would score a few points for the price and others may not have 🙂

And of course he doesn't start today!

• 2 weeks later...

As the first month comes to a close, we have a competitive start to the season with only 10 points separating the top 3 and an early lead and manager of the month for August going to Tomas Eide (I'm not sure who that is on here, so someone claim it!).

Very early days in an FPL season, with many twists and turns ahead!

• 1 month later...