Strasbourg

Alex

There seem to be a number of articles appearing over the past few months about Strasbourg fans being extremely unhappy with being a feeder club in ClearLake's multi-club model and protesting. Apparently Strasbourg turned down Chelsea's attempts to loan out both Andrey Santos and Deivid Washington.

Seems Todd and Behdad's attempts to disrupt European football are going  drastically wrong elsewhere too. 

• Like 1

It's a pretty crappy deal really, play a load of kids that don't necessarily fit with your club's needs, style of play...etc. All the hope that giving them gametime will cause some of them to develop enough to play for the owner's main club, or be sold enough for enough money to turn a profit. And if any of those things happen, your club doesn't benefit whatsoever.

If I was a Strasbourg fan I would be really damned angry at Tactics Todd and Blueprints Behdad, much more than I dislike them currently.

The multi ownership thing is probably not going away, however there are ways of doing this kind of business without ruffling feathers as the Chity group have proven. 

It does seem like BlueCo /creamcakes seem to like the attention, unlike Chity group who do things in the background. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

The multi ownership thing is probably not going away, however there are ways of doing this kind of business without ruffling feathers as the Chity group have proven. 

It does seem like BlueCo /creamcakes seem to like the attention, unlike Chity group who do things in the background. 

Well , if you were cheating , cheating and cheating some more I expect you'd want to do everything in the background 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Are there ways? I'm struggling to see any upside for the feeder clubs or their fans. To be honest I hadn't paid any attention to it until Chelsea bought Strasbourg.

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Are there ways? I'm struggling to see any upside for the feeder clubs or their fans. To be honest I hadn't paid any attention to it until Chelsea bought Strasbourg.

Remember in Baseball over here the feeder club arrangement is pretty standard and players move between the two during the season through form and injury considerations as well as development...works well but not a fit for Football as things stand, (Actually I find the concept within our game to be somewhat insulting and patronising to..in our case Strasburg,or any club.)

In Spain (there are 60 odd B teams playing as high as the second division and that play in cup competitions) it ruins Spanish lower tier football. There's a reason why the Premiership and FA Cup are the best domestic football competitions on the planet, there's a fantastically competitive structure beneath the top tier supporting it.

Being a feeder club will have a substantially negative impact on the home support for the feeder club. As we are seeing with Strasbourg.