Mudryk

Ham

8 hours ago, carpygray said:

Can’t stand this song. Our invention of songs has been lacking since the days of Ancelotti 

To be fair, we stole most of this from another lower league club. I quite like it. 

Generally I agree with you though. We're not the best at coming up with new stuff. Not only that but our fans tend to rush every song like they're in a hurry to finish. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2023 at 00:34, carpygray said:

Can’t stand this song. Our invention of songs has been lacking since the days of Ancelotti 

I'm with you.  Why with every player now do we have to come up with such complicated songs?!?  Call me old fashioned but, it's so much better when everyone can join in and not have to think what the words are after a skin full!  With all the recent ones you need to have singing lessons.  Sometimes less is more!

2 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

The second half of 'Carefree' has annoyed me for years.

True, the pace of the song is really important to its effectiveness! Spurs and Southampton both do that slow version of "When the Spurs/Saints Go Marching In" which is so annoying, but really good at drowning out the opposition. 

• Like 1

Think it's brilliant and really enjoyable to sing.

Very, very few songs are original any more and haven't been for years and years. Literally every song is a play on words of another.

All my favourite songs are more to do with the tune than the lyrics and I love this tune, from a football chant point if view, so gonna be one of my favourites in the short term.

Just hope we don't over do it like the Willian song which was genius but massively over sung.

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Think it's brilliant and really enjoyable to sing.

Very, very few songs are original any more and haven't been for years and years. Literally every song is a play on words of another.

All my favourite songs are more to do with the tune than the lyrics and I love this tune, from a football chant point if view, so gonna be one of my favourites in the short term.

Just hope we don't over do it like the Willian song which was genius but massively over sung.

The Willian song is a classic and flows really well and is catchy and everyone could easily pick it up. This one will be sung by a subset mainly by the away crew, begrudgingly I'll be one of those that joins in. 

Seen a few suggestions for Enzo, they are all complicated with 20 verses. The ones that really do well are much more catchy and shorter (oh Franky lampard, Marcus Alonso, Didier Drogba, double double double, oh Dennis Wise, super Frank, Demba Ba, Michael Essien, Lebeouf, Havertz, Timo). Just wish we didn't have to have choir practice to learn these new ones before the games! 

I must be showing my age!