Squad Status: 2023/24 Season

Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

I think we have to look at the Villa game and replicate that line up or as close as possible given the injury to Badiashile , it appears that the consensus of opinion is that in a two CB pair Silva is not quick enough but Palace are without their two quickest players so I don't think we need to panic too much .

What we must see is more on Enzo and Caicedo working together .

I really cannot imagine we lose this but I'm not confident that the coach won't try to be clever and show off to his protectors in the media.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

@Ham, I suspect he will play Disasi rather than Badiashilein in your second lineup and, possibly, Disasi instead of Silva in your first.

You may well be right now.  👍

• 1 month later...

Watching the West Ham v Spurs game and it got me thinking -  we really lack height and physicality in our team.   We read a lot about leadership and this is also true,  but I think a couple of monsters would do us the world of good.  

According to this article we have the second smallest team in the league 

https://www.givemesport.com/the-average-height-of-every-premier-league-squad/

Given we have a (much needed) set piece coach joining in the summer, I think we should be looking at a tall left-back, a CB to replace Silva/Chalobah and somehow keeping Lavia, Ugo and Carney fit long enough to get regular minutes. 

I can’t help but see about a lot of our players on the weekend (Cucurella, Enzo, Palmer, Gusto, and Mudryk) and it remind me of when I played 7 a side football as a 35 year old against teams of 21 year olds, who were way better but you’d end up beating them because you’d physically dominate them and they’d end up hiding.  Chelsea are the elite equivalent!   A team of very talented, high potential, weaklings! 

And though they split opinion at the time, even a prime Cahill, Alonso and Matic would transform this team, despite none of them being  “world class” 

Random thoughts on what I would dream of seeing next season 

new forward =Gyokeres/ Sesko

new  cm = Kimmich

new winger =Nico Williams

new cd = Ousmane Diomande 

And last priority 

New keeper = Gregor Kobel

14 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

new  cm = Kimmich

And last priority 

Best I can do is, four Brazilian teenagers and Kepa

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Rick1977 said:

new  cm = Kimmich

And last priority 

I just don't see any of them signing for us if we can't offer at least Europa League football. If we're out of all European competitions for 2 years running, then it's going to be hard to sell any decent player on 'the project'.