Welcome to CFCnet

My Blood Is Blue

Hello all. Much like JonnyCFC, am an old member who wasn't the most prolific of posters that seems to have been deleted at some stage. With the start of  a new season, I decided to have a go at rejoining.

I'm an old fart, having supported the team from a distance (Guernsey) since the days of Tambling, Cook, Harris, Hately, McCreadie et al.

I hope that in my dotage, with more time on my hands, I'll be able to visit the Bridge on a few occasions.

Anyway, acceptable result today; I'd have accepted a draw before kick-off. 😑

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, imperialblue_eyes said:

Hello all. Much like JonnyCFC, am an old member who wasn't the most prolific of posters that seems to have been deleted at some stage. With the start of  a new season, I decided to have a go at rejoining.

I'm an old fart, having supported the team from a distance (Guernsey) since the days of Tambling, Cook, Harris, Hately, McCreadie et al.

I hope that in my dotage, with more time on my hands, I'll be able to visit the Bridge on a few occasions.

Welcome back 🙂👍

9 minutes ago, imperialblue_eyes said:

Welcome back and we have hot milk and biscuits in the OG corner!

31 minutes ago, imperialblue_eyes said:

Welcome back, please join in the debate

42 minutes ago, imperialblue_eyes said:

Campo Viejo Rioja. We're out of Italian reds at present. 😉

Funny although I spent a few years in Spain don't drink a lot of Spanish (or Italian) wine...

French proven stuff with Cote du Rhone top of my "like" and rather keen on Chilean wine.

Colorado produces a lot of wine although for me a bit hit/miss as is,for me,, the domestic product here although that comes out as faint praise there is some really good stuff,,,just a great deal of choice that is often just "ordinary".

Long way from Light and Bitter of youthful days!

On 14/08/2023 at 04:00, chara said:

Funny although I spent a few years in Spain don't drink a lot of Spanish (or Italian) wine...

I shouldn't ever get involved about conversations about wine for various reasons.

I will say though that Spain represents excellent value for money, similar to Chile, due to wages and the fact that they've got a massive wine lake. I read once, some time ago, that if Spain didn't produce wine for a year, the total volume of wine being held by producers would only decrease by 10 percent. It means you can get some nicely-aged bottles quite inexpensively in comparison to neighbouring France. And plenty of cheap wine way past it's peak.

I understand French vintages and regions extremely well, particularly Burgundy, but Italian wine regions, appellations and varieties baffle me as I've spent much less time there than France. The same grape varieties are named differently in different parts of Italy.

• Thanks 1

@Alex....I think probably the reason I drink red wine primarily from France is because nowadays my alcohol intake is limited...not by mandate ... and I experiment less and stick to what I like.

Like you I have an understanding..not expertise by any means!..of Spanish and French wines but Italy and elsewhere is less clear!...I did drink a lot of South African stuff at one time working near a South African wine outlet and Chilean wine as I said I enjoy.