What changes do people want to see made?

What should we change?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get a new logo?

• No, keep it retro
    • Yes, but only a slight change to what's there
    • Yes, let's make it new and shiny!
  2. 2. Should we change the look and feel?

• No, it feels like home
    • Yes, let's make some changes
  3. 3. Which of the subtle changes do you ike?

• You're now able to see when a user is typing in a topic you are viewing.
    • You can see who has liked/reacted to your post.
    • Activity in the menu bar, so you can see recent or followed activity.

This poll is closed to new votes

Now that we're here and settling into our new home, I wondered what people thought we could try and do to improve things at CFCnet. I've started a poll with some initial idea, but please add your own ideas and i'll put them onto an additional poll in the future.

Feel free to comment on why you've voted the way you have and what you may want the suggested change to look like.

This is just ideas at the moment, not going to make too many changes for the moment.

I think a new logo would be right and proper to reflect our new emancipation from our previous owners 

I love the feel of the site , it's similar to the old one but nicer 

Love all the subtle changes 

I can't get my vote to register above so posted instead 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, another good idea. Think this should be possible.

Will take a look this week.

Maybe to save on everyone posting ideas, maybe later this week - and there's no rush, of course - you could just let everyone know what things might be possible and see if people want them, and what just isn't an option? Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Maybe to save on everyone posting ideas, maybe later this week - and there's no rush, of course - you could just let everyone know what things might be possible and see if people want them, and what just isn't an option? Just a thought.

It would probably be quite a long list to be honest and I’m wary of everyone saying yes to everything and then us having far too many changes all at once.

For now I just want to try and collate a list of ideas from people and then we can try them out as and when.

Appreciate your point though, Bob.

Maybe I’ll stay out of this topic for a while and come back and see what the list is looking like at a later date.

• Like 1

Is there an ability to extend the time one has to go back and edit a post? 

I think it's important for posts to not be retrospective altered to change discussion points, so it shouldn't be a free-for-all, but maybe a 15-20 minute grace period could be of use. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

@mora @Bob Singleton Dark Mode is now set up. If you scroll to the bottom and click 'Theme' you'll see i've set up a Dark Mode theme.

Looking for "Theme" but can't see it. Looked on thread pages, main index page, settings page when I click my own name... everywhere where it might logically be. I think it's one of those settings that you see as an admin but until you flick that final switch (like with the poll the other day) is still unavailable to the rest of us mere mortals  😉 🤣

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10.08.39.png

Edited by Bob Singleton
Added screen shot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It shouldn't auto apply for anyone anymore (I hope), but good to have the option there I think.

Can confirm it doesn't. I refreshed the site again and it returned to default. Gone ahead and manually changed it back to dark though.

• Like 1

Just one small thing that I remember from the old site..   if you're in a thread/topic, one of the options at the bottom was to click on the next unread topic..  I can see we still have that but it used to have the title of the next topic as well.

Not an important issue at all 🙂 

• Like 1

Can't remember if this was or wasn't a feature of the old forum as I didn't create many topics, but when looking at creating one now I noticed there isn't a "cancel" button to scrap your post (or at least one I could see). You have to go "back" in your browser to return to the forum. 

Not sure if that's intentional or not, and it isn't a particularly major thing, but figured I'd mention it anyway. 

• Like 1

I've added a 'Back to top' button to the site, you may need to clear your cache first to see it, but hopefully you'll see a little arrow in the bottom right and when you click on it, it'll take back up to the top of the page... saves a lot of scrolling when on the longer pages!

• Like 3