Official: Chelsea sign Denis Zakaria on a season long loan

JaneB

• JaneB changed the title to Official: Chelsea sign Denis Zakaria on a season long loan
  • 4 months later...

First post in this thread and it's about him leaving!

Feel sorry for him. Not his fault he wasn't what we needed and was largely ignored. Can't be much fun moving to a different country and a different league in the hope of rebuilding your career, only to discover you're not actually wanted by the manager, nor his replacement, but instead were signed by the owner in a moment of panic (that's how I see it anyway)

47 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

First post in this thread and it's about him leaving!

Feel sorry for him. Not his fault he wasn't what we needed and was largely ignored. Can't be much fun moving to a different country and a different league in the hope of rebuilding your career, only to discover you're not actually wanted by the manager, nor his replacement, but instead were signed by the owner in a moment of panic (that's how I see it anyway)

Funny thing is that he was decent whenever he played.

I wish him luck. 

• Agree 1

An incredibly average player at his core, said it from the very beginning having watched him at Juve the season prior. 

Don't think he did much of anything for us to sign him outright, much less for the agreed upon fee, so this is definitely the right move. 

Appreciate the effort and professionalism while spending much of the season on the sidelines though, could've quite easily been a disruptive figure if he had wanted to be.