Hakim Ziyech

JaneB

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

There's a meeting now to see if it can be salvaged.  Apparently the French league computer system crashed last night too which could be a get out of Chelsea free card for HZ.

Well, for his sake let's hope so. I bear him no malice, and I can't see why anybody else would either.

10 hours ago, RDCW said:

As I have said elsewhere, if this is genuinely as a result of our administrative incompetence then we owe it to him to cancel his contract and let him go on a free.

We'd certainly save something back on his salary for the next 6 months.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

We'd certainly save something back on his salary for the next 6 months.

But we’d lose the c.£20m transfer fee we’d otherwise get for him in the summer! 

It’s a stinker and I feel for him, but no way should we cancel his contract.  short-term he might even find himself back in the team! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rob B said:

But we’d lose the c.£20m transfer fee we’d otherwise get for him in the summer! 

It’s a stinker and I feel for him, but no way should we cancel his contract.  short-term he might even find himself back in the team! 

Agreed. As unfortunate and as incompetent as the situation was, we also can't just terminate his contract either. We're going to need all the sellable assets we can, so even if we only get £10m for him in the summer it's a much better than letting him walk now for nothing.

There's still room for him to play imo. He'd be well ahead of Pulisic on the totem pole once he's fit again. 

Even if we cancelled his contract he still couldn't sign for any team in a league where the window has already shut (eg PSG). You have to be a free agent before the window shuts in order sign for another team, otherwise you would see players moving throughout the season. Cancelling the contract would just mean he couldn't play here either, not get paid etc

5 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Even if we cancelled his contract he still couldn't sign for any team in a league where the window has already shut (eg PSG). You have to be a free agent before the window shuts in order sign for another team, otherwise you would see players moving throughout the season. Cancelling the contract would just mean he couldn't play here either, not get paid etc

Ah. Poor Hakim is stuck here until the summer then. I guess we'll.see what he's made of!

11 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I see that the Ziyech paperwork issues are the big story of deadline day. Not the signings that were  made. 'Deadline Disaster' is today's backpage headline in the Express.

There's plenty of "Todd is an idiot and Chelsea are ruining football - why won't they die?" Articles too. 

Fish and chips is too good for them. 

• 6 months later...