Chelsea 1 Borussia Dortmund 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly match against Borussia Dortmund at Soldier Field, Chicago before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 01.30 hours on Thursday, 3rd August 2023 (Local UK time/date)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ham said:

My starting 11.....

Screenshot_20230801_165449_CFC-Bluescom.thumb.jpg.e110d9db66fe80dc500abe39f8e6a748.jpg

This is our last friendly isnt it?   Assuming that’s the case, it’s basically a dress-rehearsal for Liverpool, which means Humphrey’s and Angelo likely drop out for Silva and either Sterling / Chukwuemeka I’d imagine. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Fishing again, can't sleep again, joining the night shift again......

Is this on Sky?

Night CREW martin...don't be influenced by that Ham character!!

Of no help to you but on ESP+ here...and 6-30 pm for me...just saying😄🦭🐙😄!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Fishing again, can't sleep again, joining the night shift again......

Is this on Sky?

Nope.  On the 5th stand app.  I'll be watching on a firestick with a subscription though as the app has been shit.

I'll be joining y'all tonight. 

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Nope.  On the 5th stand app.  I'll be watching on a firestick with a subscription though as the app has been shit.

I'll be joining y'all tonight. 

Good to see you here Ham....sounds uncomfortable watching on a firestick....I prefer our couch...

1 minute ago, Ham said:

20230803_004833.thumb.jpg.2fee8f188f66f7605232dc7a8f94ddd5.jpg

That might just about be our best 11 right now.

Maybe Mudryk for Chuckwuemeka with Nkunku playing 10 but he probably had his best performance from the left. I prefer Nkunku centrally but overall this might give us the best balance

Chuckwuemeka is the player that intrigues me the most, I can't quite work out if he is uber talented and has an outrageous ceiling or he's bang average, for want of me not being able to think of a better phrase. I hope, and think it's the former but there's something about him, I can't quite put my finger on, maybe it's just that he looks so miserable all the time, I get the impression that perhaps he's one of those odd ones that doesn't actually enjoy playing football......

Pitch is terrible. Real shame about Nkunku going off injured. Let’s hope it’s just a precaution. Colwill should have scored, and Jackson had two good chances. Reece James with a shocking tackle, which would be a red under normal circumstances. He looks very frustrated out there. Silva is his usual imperious self.  Mudryk needs to do more.