Chelsea 1 Borussia Dortmund 1

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Pitch is terrible. Real shame about Nkunku going off injured. Let’s hope it’s just a precaution. Colwill should have scored, and Jackson had two good chances. Reece James with a shocking tackle, which would be a red under normal circumstances. He looks very frustrated out there. Silva is his usual imperious self.  Mudryk needs to do more.

Agree...and Raheem ?....

Mudryk and Jackson excellent.

The former has hit top form at just the right time. 

Wow!

Gallagher played really disciplined in the pivot.  Good to see.

Colwill with two open goal misses was the only real negative together with the injury to Nkunku. Looked like a twisted knee. 

Poch really is getting the very best out of this squad. 

Definitely the better team on a shite pitch, in a real game we more than likely win with half competent officials and VAR, blatant pen not given and their goal was offside.

More than comfortable at the back until the changes, pretty happy with Gallagher today, no reason why he can’t keep improving under Poch. lacking a bit in the final third, which has been better lately, hope Nkunku is okay, as I think he could be vital to unlock the door. 

Nice little moment for Burstow at the end, hope he gets a good loan move. 

Missed the game itself, watched the "highlights" just then which basically was a 6 minute clip consisting of around 4 minutes of intro, Dortmund's goal and several replays, then Chelsea's goal and several replays. 

To conclude I have zero to take away.

Good that we scored as I thought we were the better team. Our finishing was a bit panicked at times but Dortmund are no mugs and they defended well. Disappointing that Colwill couldn’t finish one of his chances. But he was assured overall.  Mudryk is looking like the player we hoped he’d be. Jackson was a real handful and was unlucky not to score. Really like Gusto. James was playing within himself and committed a shocking tackle that would have got him sent off normally. Gallagher did more for his case than Sterling who was a bit of a mixed bag. Cucurella is just an accident waiting to happen. Hope Nkunku is okay. Also, we should have had a penalty first half and their goal looked well offside. 

On 02/08/2023 at 02:18, Rob B said:

This is our last friendly isnt it?   Assuming that’s the case, it’s basically a dress-rehearsal for Liverpool, which means Humphrey’s and Angelo likely drop out for Silva and either Sterling / Chukwuemeka I’d imagine. 

I thought that was an encouraging showing from what currently looks like our first team. I would have liked to see more from Enzo as well as Sterling.

We're starting to show a few signs of attacking cohesion.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks Ham..interesting line up......does Raheem have something in a safety deposit box on The Poch?

I think the manager is giving him enough rope to hang himself with. And Sterling duly does. Another dreadful performance by Premier League "royalty" as the media would have it. Just goes to show the guy has been standing on the shoulders of others all his career.

Otherwise I thought it was a good performance by us. We were hamstrung by a poor pitch which probably denied us at least another couple of goals as well as Nkunku's injury. I thought their goal was a little offside and went against the run of play. We ended up with the least we should have expected from that performance. It did however show up the remaining hole on the pitch and that is the midfield partner for Fernandez. His performance is being affected having to be 1.5 or the two in midfield.

The upshot is that we're in a far better position at the beginning of this season compared with last but with plenty of room to improve. Hopefully Nkunku will be ok for Liverpool.

8 hours ago, Ham said:

The pitch looks absolutely awful.  

Got injuries written all over it. 1.5 weeks until the season starts. 

You called it 

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Decent pre -season many good points to mention but suffice to say we look good.

How does that dickhead Craig Burley get a job commenting?

A fully paid up member of the Chelsea hate brigade. Bitter ever since he was left out of the 97 cup final squad

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Missed the game itself, watched the "highlights" just then which basically was a 6 minute clip consisting of around 4 minutes of intro, Dortmund's goal and several replays, then Chelsea's goal and several replays. 

To conclude I have zero to take away.

The extended highlights on YouTube seem to indicate we dominated but.........

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Other than the injury to Nkunku the only negative for me was our finishing once again , an entirely new team and the same issue with finishing , we should have won this 5-0 at least .

This. 

15 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If the pitch was really that bad we should have refused to play. Nonsense situation for Nkunku to get injured on the eve of our first game. 

Not the first time we have gone to the USA and a poor pitch has cost us a player due to injury

• Angry 1

Thoroughly enjoyed that, albeit it meant I have had very, very little sleep.

Mudryk showed why I think he could be a bonafide superstar, so much potential. He looks fit and confident, who'd have thought a bit of time to settle, a proper manager and a bit of confidence would have such an effect on a player, @ROTG😉

Gallagher auditioned for a place in the squad perfectly, thought that was his best performance for us, very mature and very disciplined.

Colwill is a real presence and very assured.

Thiago Silva is timeless, to do what he is doing at his age is unheard of. The best old footballer ever. He must have been a huge reason why Colwill stayed, imagine being a young centre half and getting to play and train alongside a true legend week in, week out.

Slightly worried about Enzo, I'm one that thinks he is elite but something's not quite right with him.

Gusto impresses me every time I see him. 

Jackson had a different job to do last night, wasn't all about his end product and he was, quite simply, superb. A brilliant example of how to lead the line and be a constant handful. We really have, finally, unearthed a proper gem. No doubt, whatsoever.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that, albeit it meant I have had very, very little sleep.

Mudryk showed why I think he could be a bonafide superstar, so much potential. He looks fit and confident, who'd have thought a bit of time to settle, a proper manager and a bit of confidence would have such an effect on a player, @ROTG😉

Gallagher auditioned for a place in the squad perfectly, thought that was his best performance for us, very mature and very disciplined.

Colwill is a real presence and very assured.

Thiago Silva is timeless, to do what he is doing at his age is unheard of. The best old footballer ever. He must have been a huge reason why Colwill stayed, imagine being a young centre half and getting to play and train alongside a true legend week in, week out.

Slightly worried about Enzo, I'm one that thinks he is elite but something's not quite right with him.

Gusto impresses me every time I see him. 

Jackson had a different job to do last night, wasn't all about his end product and he was, quite simply, superb. A brilliant example of how to lead the line and be a constant handful. We really have, finally, unearthed a proper gem. No doubt, whatsoever.

All valid points.We just need a play maker in midfield and we are good to go.