Calum Hudson-Odoi leaves Chelsea

My Blood Is Blue

53 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi has completed a permanent transfer to Nottingham Forest, ending his 16-year association with Chelsea.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/hudson-odoi-joins-forest

He had so much going for him, ruined by a cruel injury, let's hope he can kick on now and restart his career. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He had so much going for him, ruined by a cruel injury, let's hope he can kick on now and restart his career. 

He was flattering to deceive even before the injury

The most overhyped academy product we are ever likely to encounter 

6 443 minutes across 2017/18 to 2021/22 scoring 16 goals and recording 22 assists. We’ve bought an awful lot of players who won’t come close to what he has achieved with us. In terms of titles he’s won the U-17 World Cup, the FA Cup, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Europa League and FIFA Club World Cup.

Sadly that Achilles injury ruined his career. Much like Loftus-Cheek I wish him nothing but good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

6 443 minutes across 2017/18 to 2021/22 scoring 16 goals and recording 22 assists. We’ve bought an awful lot of players who won’t come close to what he has achieved with us. In terms of titles he’s won the U-17 World Cup, the FA Cup, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Europa League and FIFA Club World Cup.

Sadly that Achilles injury ruined his career. Much like Loftus-Cheek I wish him nothing but good luck. 

How many of those goals and assists came in cup ties against awful teams? 

4 PL goals. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

And that proves that CHO is brilliant. Got it. 

Never said that. I merely paid tribute to a Chelsea product who has had a career at the very top end of football ruined because of injury. 

In that context your immediate response was to belittle him while apparently turning a blind eye to the club throwing massive money on players who are a long way off achieving what Callum did here with us. Smacks of bad taste mate. Have a word with yourself. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Never said that. I merely paid tribute to a Chelsea product who has had a career at the very top end of football ruined because of injury. 

In that context your immediate response was to belittle him while apparently turning a blind eye to the club throwing massive money on players who are a long way off achieving what Callum did here with us. Smacks of bad taste mate. Have a word with yourself. 

Palmer just won the treble.... 

I never got the CHO hype. Was ordinary pre and post injury. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well good on him. Sadly he hardly played a role for City in their success. He’s got everything to prove and has not achieved even half of what Callum has. Maybe he will, but so far he hasn’t. If you never rated Callum I can only speculate how badly you think of Palmer? At least Callum didn’t cost us £45m. 

Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

Well good on him. Sadly he hardly played a role for City in their success. He’s got everything to prove and has not achieved even half of what Callum has. Maybe he will, but so far he hasn’t. If you never rated Callum I can only speculate how badly you think of Palmer? At least Callum didn’t cost us £45m. 

And what did CHO contribute to the list of medals he won here? The double standards are quite amusing. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

And what did CHO contribute to the list of medals he won here? The double standards are quite amusing. 

He contributed 16 goals and 22 assists. Palmer has scored 6 and assisted 2 (2 of the goals coming in glorified friendlies). 

But this the Callum Hudson-Odoi thread. So let’s keep Palmer out of it. If you want to belittle Callum’s efforts here it’s your choice. I just think it’s bad form. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Couldn’t disagree more with this Paul - personally. 

He was electric when he burst onto the scene.  I remember he started vs Arsenal in a pre-season game and he had Bellerin on toast all game.  He was about 17/18 and I remember thinking WOW. 

Bayern Munich obviously saw something.

Sadly he got a serious injury and seemed to lose that yard of pace and more importantly, explosiveness - coupled with a few poor loan moves his prospects fizzled out, but there’s definitely a player there.   Wish him all the best. 

EDIT - it was this game 

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

He contributed 16 goals and 22 assists. Palmer has scored 6 and assisted 2 (2 of the goals coming in glorified friendlies). 

But this the Callum Hudson-Odoi thread. So let’s keep Palmer out of it. If you want to belittle Callum’s efforts here it’s your choice. I just think it’s bad form. 

You brought Palmer into it! 

My goodwill for CHO evaporated pretty quickly when he held us over a barrel over a new contract at 17 and then delivered very little (bar goals and assists against awful teams) 

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Couldn’t disagree more with this Paul - personally. 

He was electric when he burst onto the scene.  I remember he started vs Arsenal in a pre-season game and he had Bellerin on toast all game.  He was about 17/18 and I remember thinking WOW. 

Bayern Munich obviously saw something.

Sadly he got a serious injury and seemed to lose that yard of pace and more importantly, explosiveness - coupled with a few poor loan moves his prospects fizzled out, but there’s definitely a player there.   Wish him all the best. 

EDIT - it was this game 

One pre season game. Good for him. 

Got anything in a proper game against anyone good? Either before or post injury? 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You brought Palmer into it! 

My goodwill for CHO evaporated pretty quickly when he held us over a barrel over a new contract at 17 and then delivered very little (bar goals and assists against awful teams) 

Actually you brought Palmer into this.

I merely pointed out we’ve paid over £100m for two Man C academy products that so far has one PL goal between them after you pointed out CHO only has 4 PL goals. 

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

By mentioning Palmer by name in writing? How else would you do it? Telepathy? 

Brilliant. 

You just mention "two City academy products" and I'm the one who brought Palmer into the conversation 

This gets weirder. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Brilliant. 

You just mention "two City academy products" and I'm the one who brought Palmer into the conversation 

This gets weirder. 

Ok. Take a deep breath Paul. Count to ten. You think Callum is pants and never showed anything here. That’s your right, I’m not going to try to convince you that Callum has produced much more in the world of football than two high profile signings we’ve just made for ridiculous money. If you think I’m wrong, that’s your right as well. 

I had just expected a fan like yourself to be a little more gracious towards an academy player having a career at the very top ruined by injury. I concede I was wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️