JaneB

Matchday prediction  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Middlesbrough win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/24 at 19:00

19 minutes ago, kev61 said:

At least he has a personality.It is no coincidence he brought us to the brink and won the premiership with a team that I think were 200/1 to win it.

If Leicester can sack him with his cv what are we doing hanging on to a manager that has won nothing, and currently lucky if we win two matches in a row!.

Just to add I was one who wanted Poch as the first choice replacement for Tuchel - mainly because what he had done with spurs.

I got it wrong and I'm quite happy to admit it....he has to go sooner rather than later.We could win 4-0 today...I will still want him gone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/01/2024 at 14:07, Sciatika said:

For me, it is hard to look past the 2004-6 side. I loved the players of the 70s to 90s, or Ancelloti's or Tuchel's sides, but the JM teams were something else. In those days we were surprised to lose.

Mourhino's Chelsea was started by Ranieri.Mourhino is not a tactical genious as some people think.His charisma was a shining light in the game at the time that will never work in today's game.

It shows how desperate I am that would even comtemplate his return to us!.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Just to add I was one who wanted Poch as the first choice replacement for Tuchel - mainly because what he had done with spurs.

Got a feeling if Poch had come in after TT ,  the team would been playing in the CL this season

Just now, ROTG said:

Got a feeling if Poch had come in after TT ,  the team would been playing in the CL this season

The issues are far far deeper than that even if we are unable to name them.  We dropped from 74 points to 44.  With the widespread improvement in the top 6 we'd have needed 71 to match 4th place Newcastle.
I'm happy to put 10 of those points on Potter, and another 5 on the disastrous last 9 game spell.  But around half of the 30 point fall came from other things going on at the club and inside the squad.