Official: Chelsea sign Benoit Badiashile on a Seven and a Half Year Deal

JaneB

• JaneB changed the title to Official: Chelsea sign Benoit Badiashile on a Seven and a Half Year Deal
  • 1 year later...

Thoughts on Benoit ? When he first joined he looked quite promising but lately he's looked a shadow of the player from last season. Worrying times if we're relying on him as a starter next season when Silva leaves.

agree he was better last season but Liverpool was his first outright bad game.
Needs a lot more time in PL, especially when his strength is his size.
Lucky Salah didn't come on at h/t when he moved to LB.
(Mind we are all lucky that didn't happen)

5 hours ago, Dwmh said:

agree he was better last season but Liverpool was his first outright bad game.
Needs a lot more time in PL, especially when his strength is his size.
Lucky Salah didn't come on at h/t when he moved to LB.
(Mind we are all lucky that didn't happen)

Come on, he's had some poor games. What game was it some weeks ago when he kept on trying to play it out of the back and giving it away consistently, and then there was that calamity where he got his feet confused and let the striker in. Showing rookie errors and lapses in concentration.

Edited by Leo

It's rewriting history to say he's just a generally bad player. He's not. He's been a fabulous player when fit. 

He's certainly not anything like the player he was before his injuries but he's clearly struggling. 

My guess is that he's lost all confidence in his hamstrings and being targeted by the opposition as a result. 

8 hours ago, Ham said:

It's rewriting history to say he's just a generally bad player. He's not. He's been a fabulous player when fit. 

He's certainly not anything like the player he was before his injuries but he's clearly struggling. 

My guess is that he's lost all confidence in his hamstrings and being targeted by the opposition as a result. 

I thought he was really good last season, but has struggled for any rhythm post injury. He is certainly no left back, so I take Wednesday 2nd half with a pinch of salt.

I don't think any of our defenders are getting much protection. We need to go 3 at the back in those sort of games until Lavia is fit and can be a proper holding DM. 

And as much as he has been brilliant, I think having Silva at the back is holding us back. he is so slow now (not his fault) that the back line has to be deep, and we end up with this huge gap between defense and midfield. Fitness permitting, and assuming we stick with a back 4 as a long term plan, then we need to think about Disasi / Fofana partnering Colwill / Badiashile. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I thought he was really good last season, but has struggled for any rhythm post injury. He is certainly no left back, so I take Wednesday 2nd half with a pinch of salt.

I don't think any of our defenders are getting much protection. We need to go 3 at the back in those sort of games until Lavia is fit and can be a proper holding DM. 

And as much as he has been brilliant, I think having Silva at the back is holding us back. he is so slow now (not his fault) that the back line has to be deep, and we end up with this huge gap between defense and midfield. Fitness permitting, and assuming we stick with a back 4 as a long term plan, then we need to think about Disasi / Fofana partnering Colwill / Badiashile. 

Wouldn't mind seeing a back 3 of Disasi, Colwill & Badiashile tbf.  We definitely have good personnel to play that system with Gusto, James, Chilly & Cucu available.  

Perhaps a 3-4-2-1: 

Petrovic 

Disasi Colwill Badiashile 

Gusto Enzo Caicedo Chilly 

Palmer Nkunku 

Jackson

Silva wasn't meant to play so many games these last 18 months. 

Wes Fofana was, and still is, plan A. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a back 3 of Disasi, Colwill & Badiashile tbf.  We definitely have good personnel to play that system with Gusto, James, Chilly & Cucu available.  

Perhaps a 3-4-2-1: 

Petrovic 

Disasi Colwill Badiashile 

Gusto Enzo Caicedo Chilly 

Palmer Nkunku 

Jackson

I have to say, that formation, and you could still have Silva in the middle of that 3, gets the best out of what we have IMO. 

• Like 1

I have to say, that formation, and you could still have Silva in the middle of that 3, gets the best out of what we have IMO. 

I thought the back 3 had been exorcised from the squad. Go back down that route then you might as well go the whole 9 yards and bring Conte back

Don't get me wrong the team had very successful times with a back 3, but it was looking a very tired formation towards the end - Also think it overly protect some players and hides their shortfalls when playing a back 4. e.g. Christensen was a classic example IMO 

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I thought the back 3 had been exorcised from the squad. Go back down that route then you might as well go the whole 9 yards and bring Conte back

Don't get me wrong the team had very successful times with a back 3, but it was looking a very tired formation towards the end - Also think it overly protect some players and hides their shortfalls when playing a back 4. e.g. Christensen was a classic example IMO 

For me, it is horses for courses. 3 at the back for Liverpool away. 4 at the back for Wolves at home

• Like 2
  • Agree 1