Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 2

JaneB

23 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The night shift/crew are less competitive and probably retired and older and  than the general demographic of members.

I really don't care what people think of me.I reckon some of the younger members do and that prevents them from getting involved.

Good point kev..... some of us "older" members have smiled, sparred and made up over quite a long time and are very comfortable with passing opinions views and the odd smack.

So...for all those new'ish and "younger" members please please don't feel shy about digging in at The Night Crew (sorry Ham!) or The Day Mob...it's all life blood and energy to OUR,,all of us... Forum,

On 16/05/2023 at 17:09, Sciatika said:

There are times when I think the world has missed me out and sometimes I am relieved. 

Can I ask you a question.were you  "relieved"  when  Boehly was put I  charge?

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

Can I ask you a question.were you  "relieved"  when  Boehly was put I  charge?

I never thought that RA should have been placed in that position in the first place. Given his connections with Ukraine, it did not make sense that he would be picked out for punishment, given the relatively large number of wealthy Russians who paid for golden visas in the noughties under the Blair/Brown government. To me, it was the kind of petty and vindictive behaviour that the MP involved has a long track record (including while serving and supporting that same government). He is a nasty little shit, a hypocrite, and, now, sadly, knighted for his obnoxious behaviour. He especially likes to wave "secret" dossiers for personal validation while rejecting responsibility for the consequences. That does not excuse the other MPs, on both sides of the house, for supporting him.

However, given the circumstance, I was pleased that we had a route to deal with the instability it had caused and that the people involved seemed to have made commitments to the club in good faith. However, at that time, I had never heard of Todd Boehly, Clearlake or any of the other stakeholders, so I am not sure "relieved" is the right word. I would prefer the person in charge to be a fan of football and, failing, a fan of success. I am still prepared to believe that it will work out if he figures out that limiting his involvement in the football side might be beneficial to the business. It's a work in progress.

• Like 3