Manchester United 4 Chelsea 1

JaneB

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

We had quite a few decent chances in the first half , Mudryk forgetting he was a footballer , Havertz shying away as he headed the ball and someone in the crowd held up a garlic bulb to deter him , Gallagher skewing wide so he'd fit in with the lads.

I suppose the xG concept is flawed when nobody ever expects Chelsea to score , Havertz , standing on the goal line on his own would probably have an xG of -1

• Haha 1

Finally, it feels like this horrible season is about to end. Results have been bad for majority of the season now, but its the horrible performances which have affected me more than the results. I can live with bad results, if I can see the players coming together and giving everything , learning from their mistakes and growing as individual players and as a team.

We have not had any of this though. It's been so predictable and the same old performances , mistakes and terrible decision making on a weekly basis. I felt the situation under Potter would improve post world cup, but it become pretty clear within 5-6 games after the world cup, that this was not going to happen. Frank has not really managed to galvanise the squad and players since he came back, though I think it has been much more difficult than he expected, I think he will also be disappointed not to have got more of a tune of the players.

As for last night, its probably the first positives I have felt for about 4-5 months to be honest. Utd didn't have a huge amount to play for, and maybe more alarmingly, they didn't have to be any good to score 4 goals. Focusing on Chelsea though, I think for spells within the game, we played as well as we have for a while.

I felt the game mirrored an academy team of talented youngsters Vs a team of experienced players who know how the play the game. We looked bright at times and had some nice touches and possession, but Utd were always in control of the match and never in danger of not winning the game. It really was a men Vs boys football game. Unfortunately, we currently represent a team of boys who are in desperate need of some quality coaching and rebuilding of confidence.

I think we probably all agree on the positions we need new players. I think the majority agree on the players who need to be moved on as either not good enough, or just simply past their prime at the club.

There is a real core of talent and hope for the future within our squad. This is a fantastic opportunity for Poch (presuming it will be him) to get a hold of the club and mould the whole identity for the future of the club and players. The hard work starts in June and his first 6 months are going to be crucial in setting the standards and expectations required for the future. There has been a lot wrong with this season, there is still a lot wrong with the club now. If Poch can cut his way through the mess we are currently in, then I think we have a good base to work with for next season. It cannot be any worse to watch than what has been served up for the whole of this season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's already moved into the background and has cut his time at the club back by 50% and after this disaster of a season it appears that Clearlake have told him to cut it back again to 20% and let the people he has employed do their jobs . 

The problem for TB is that the media are constantly making him the focus of Chelsea's demise even if he's not doing anything anymore he's still their main focus.

Spot on Mark...easy target...usual lazy job.

6 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

CFCNET to run the club? Hands up who’s interested. Can’t do worse than the current set up.

A team from CFCNET.....at least hearts on the pitch and everything left there at the end.

Same results I wager!😄