Manchester United 4 Chelsea 1

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Old Trafford before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Thursday, 25th May 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Where I live I dislike the Man U fans more than any other  so I would like a win  but not really bothered.

The end of the season usually starts our holiday in Portugal,but my wife is reluctant to leave our oldest cat who is showing signs of dementia.

I'm tempted to go on my own but really how could you?

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Where I live I dislike the Man U fans more than any other  so I would like a win  but not really bothered.

The end of the season usually starts our holiday in Portugal,but my wife is reluctant to leave our oldest cat who is showing signs of dementia.

I'm tempted to go on my own but really how could you?

By the way if my wife was showing signs of dementia I would be away like a shot.😉

On 23/05/2023 at 02:50, kev61 said:

By the way if my wife was showing signs of dementia I would be away like a shot.😉

Reminds me of the joke of the old guy sitting watching the match next to an empty seat. The bloke on the other side asks why the seat is vacant and the old boy tells him that it used to be his wife's but she died. That's terrible the man said, but couldn't you get someone else to take the ticket? No said the old guy, they are all at her funeral.

(Sorry about the cat mate, one of our dogs is in a similar situation. Sucks.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Reminds me of the joke of the old guy sitting watching the matcext to an empty seat. The bloke on the other side asks why the seat is vacant and the old boy tells him that it used to be his wife's but she died. That's terrible the man said, but couldn't you get someone else to take the ticket? No said the old guy, they are all at her funeral.

(Sorry about the cat mate, one of our dogs is in a similar situation. Sucks.

Sounds like a joke from my comic hero Billy Connolly. 

And yes the cat situation is sad.She has been with us for twelve years and survived longer than her four kittens.

• Sad 1

For anyone interested here is Frank's pre-match presser.

An interesting tidbit being Lampard addressing how he's stressed wanting the team to do the basics - running, commitment on the pitch, etc. And that since he's been here he's learned reasons as to why this hasn't happened on a consistent basis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I genuinely can’t remember a time where I’ve gone into EVERY game as a Chelsea fan, fully expecting to lose,  but that is absolutely where I’m at now, which is somewhat depressing. So why, WHY, do I keep watching them? 

Old habit that is difficult to break. I'm embarrassed to admit how many times this season I've said "this is the last match i'm watching".

• Like 1

The same as the rest of us, I'd guess, Sam ... a mixture of habit (what else is there to do on a Thursday night?), loyalty, Micawberishness, and sheer bloodymindedness. Let's hope they make this a night to remember. For the right reasons, for once, please lads ....

• Agree 1