International Football

JaneB

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

England look desperately poor to my eyes. 

Devoid of ideas or ability. 

We always lack a quality playmaker in central midfield at all levels. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chara said:

So....nothing changes...Chelsea boy gets a card ....and Ash gets a red!....deja vu all over again!

Seriously? Are you that paranoid that you think a German ref in an international tournament has decided "yep, I'll book them because they're from Chelsea"?  🙄

35 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Seriously? Are you that paranoid that you think a German ref in an international tournament has decided "yep, I'll book them because they're from Chelsea"?  🙄

No Bob....just a rueful smile at how things seem to work out...guess prompted by the expectations of late when our "handbag hard" players get kicked to s*** and the first card invariably...or so it seems....goes to a Chelsea player.☮️👜😁

• 1 month later...

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)*, Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq), James Maddison (Tottenham), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal).

*Alexander-Arnold is listed as a midfielder in England's squad list

How is Maguire still getting picked?!

Why is Phillips being picked? Surely award-Prowse is ahead of him if only based on the fact he’s been playing actual matches.

Where the hell is Sterling?!

Doesn’t feel that long ago that we were spoilt for choice at CB and now look at the options! 

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

How is Maguire still getting picked?!

Why is Phillips being picked? Surely award-Prowse is ahead of him if only based on the fact he’s been playing actual matches.

Where the hell is Sterling?!

Sterling gets to sit it out , quality .

Colwill and Chilwell need to pull up with "injuries" late in the day against Forest now . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sterling gets to sit it out , quality .

Colwill and Chilwell need to pull up with "injuries" late in the day against Forest now . 

I’m that respect I’m delighted, means he gets a rest, stays fit and will give him even more of a point to prove!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m that respect I’m delighted, means he gets a rest, stays fit and will give him even more of a point to prove!

You're forgetting that he'll be training at Cobham instead which is particularly hazardous these days. 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...