• Nagelsmann
    • Kompany
    • Hoeness
    • Michel
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Who's choice  was pochettino?

A joint decision after a "highly exhaustive" and lengthy process in order that we get exactly the right fit for our project and one season later... 🔫🔫🔫

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

A joint decision after a "highly exhaustive" and lengthy process in order that we get exactly the right fit for our project and one season later... 🔫🔫🔫

You speak the truth broski 🤣🤣🤣💯

If it really is a choice between McKenna , Maresca and Frank, then I would have to be firmly in the Frank corner of these three.

PL experience is huge in my mind. Given the choice of a guy who has managed around 100PL games Vs young coaches who have cut their teeth in the Championship.  I can’t say I know much of McKenna or Maresca as managers, but at least we know Frank is a decent operator at PL level. 

31 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Is the “fourth coach” de Zerbi and this is all one great cover up?!?! Would make a hell of a lot of sense and rumours a club has paid his compensation 

Does de Zerbi count as "high profile" though? He's managed Brighton and Shaktar... and won nothing (no I'm not letting you have the Ukrainian Super Cup)

On 22/05/2024 at 15:51, Thiago97 said:

Yep all clear as mud mate. We need De Zerbi, I’m convinced after listening to JT that Jose is coming back. I’ve been told it’s Tuchel. I judge Poch and any manager fairly on their merits, but it’s not as simple as just doing better……all perfectly clear and straight up! 

I couldn’t care less about people agreeing with me. I would post far more regularly than I do if I gave a toss about that. You just don’t like being called out for emotional knee jerk nonsense so try to frame a different perception when the wind blows a different direction that suits! Ideal scenario for you is to ignore and not challenge anything you post that’s wrong, but praise you with kudos when you get it right!

I see your points. I feel clubs benefit from consistency and backing managers more than currently happens at Chelsea and I definitely feel Pochettino deserved better and would have liked him to stay. He got a rotten deal in the first place, a two-year deal when ruddy Potter got five and being an ex-Spurs manager he was bound to face some opprobrium from fans, although he got much less than Benitez did.

I also don't feel him going is the end of the world either though and am fairly hopeful we'll get the right man to mould this young team into something resembling the recent Chelsea teams, which we all want to see. I definitely don't think that man is Tuchel, Lampard or Mourinho though. Tuchel is still a good manager, but from all accounts a difficult person that the board have already discarded.

Could I please ask though, since we are all Chelsea supporters, that we all try and be a bit more civil and a bit less irritable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

If it really is a choice between McKenna , Maresca and Frank, then I would have to be firmly in the Frank corner of these three.

PL experience is huge in my mind. Given the choice of a guy who has managed around 100PL games Vs young coaches who have cut their teeth in the Championship.  I can’t say I know much of McKenna or Maresca as managers, but at least we know Frank is a decent operator at PL level. 

Again, I really, really, really can't see Frank joining us. Absolute poison chalice for him and he has it good at Brentford.

7 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Does de Zerbi count as "high profile" though? He's managed Brighton and Shaktar... and won nothing (no I'm not letting you have the Ukrainian Super Cup)

I mean he's high profile compared to the other names.

De Zerbi has been linked with top jobs - but I see your point...

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just been on Twitter and Cfcpys has managed to narrow the search down to the following , and if anyone knows a Twitterbellend would .

Simon Weaver 

Jürgen Klopp 

Pep Guardiola 

Mark Robins 

Thomas Frank

Mikel Arteta 

David Moyes 

Ian Evatt 

Nigel Clough 

Jon Brady

Marco Silva

Phil Parkinson

Dave Challinor

Eddie Howe

Ryan Lowe 

Kieran McKenna

Paul Simpson 

Richie Wellens 

Johnnie Jackson 

Erik ten Hag 

Pete Wild

Vincent Kompany

Roberto De Zerbi I

Paul Warne 

Graham Coughlan

Gary Caldwell 

Michael Carrick

Carlos Corberán 

Unai Emery 

Liam Rosenior 

Lee Bell

Rob Edwards

Darren Ferguson 

David Wagner

Scott Lindsey 

John Mousinho 

Shaun Maloney 

Sean Dyche

Matt Bloomfield 

Mat Sadler

Grant McCann 

Neil Critchley 

Erol Bulut 

Ange Postecoglou 

Enzo Maresca

Andoni Iraola

Russell Martin 

Rubén Sellés 

Daniel Farke

Gary O'Neil s

Nigel Adkins 

Darrell Clarke

Danny Röhl 

Mike Williamson 

Martí Cifuentes

Graham Alexander 

Liam Manning 

Michael Skubala

Des Buckingham 

David Artell 

Ged Brannan 

Matt Taylor 

Chris Wilder 

Steven Schumacher 

Nuno Espírito Santo 

Charlie Adam 

Danny Cowley

Karl Robinson 

Luke Williams 

Steve Morison W

Tony Mowbray 

Martin Paterson Northern 

Gavin Gunning 

Stuart Maynard 

Paul Hurst 

Steve Cotterill

Nathan Jones 

John Eustace 

Darren Moore

André Breitenreiter 

Mike Dodds 

Oliver Glasner

Neil Harris

Garry Monk 

John Doolan 

Tom Cleverley 

Neil Dewsnip 

Steve Evans 

Alex Revell

Martin Devaney

Or it could be someone else , he's hearing , someone left field 

How long did it take you to type that Mr K 🤣🤣🤣💯

35 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Apparently Gasperini has been added after his team's last night performance. Shame that he only got noticed by some after last night. He's been turning water into wine for nearly  decade. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Imagine if McKenna chose Brighton over us 😂

It would neither disappoint nor annoy me if he chose Brighton. Objectively speaking, Brighton offers  a more logical progression for McKenna . Chelsea is a higher stake gamble for both parties. Both could win big or lose badly. 

Actually, the Brighton project has been over hyped. They are not as established a PL side as they think, and the whole thing could fall apart in one wrong move. 

Edited by Siidi
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Again, I really, really, really can't see Frank joining us. Absolute poison chalice for him and he has it good at Brentford.

Maybe. I said that about Potter when he was at Brighton. I was wrong though. 

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Maybe. I said that about Potter when he was at Brighton. I was wrong though. 

Potter was sold on a 5 year project though and had no reason to think otherwise.

Frank has seen what has happened to Potter. And Frank has a closer relationship to the Brentford fans.

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Potter was sold on a 5 year project though and had no reason to think otherwise.

Frank has seen what has happened to Potter. And Frank has a closer relationship to the Brentford fans.

You could be right. It’s not that I want Frank, it’s just that I would want Frank out of the supposed three front runners! 

Just now, Max Fowler said:

I think that's old news regurgitated for clicks and imaginary ITK points.

He also wasn't keen on signing Cole Palmer by all accounts and wants MORE say? Lol. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

That is all tabloid conjecture. There is no manager out there who wouldn't swap an annual relegation dogfight for a potential CL team., not a single one.  

• Agree 1