• Amorim
    • Nagelsmann
    • Kompany
    • Hoeness
    • Michel
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I expect almost every managers name to get thrown about over the next ew days.

If Kompany, the most overrated centre half in history and now the most overrated coach in history can get a mention I think I should throw my "Took Northampton Town from the fourth division to the Premier league title in football manager" hat in the ring. 

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

I'd be very surprised now if it isn't De Zerbi and we hadn't already quietly paid compensation, something I hadn't previously considered. Why else does he leave when and how he did? And all with profit-machine Brighton's approval?

Who do I want? Honestly a bit past caring.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Kompany, the most overrated centre half in history and now the most overrated coach in history can get a mention I think I should throw my "Took Northampton Town from the fourth division to the Premier league title in football manager" hat in the ring. 

This has the look of another one of these posts that will age terribly 😂

Edited by Thiago97

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

This has the look of another one of these posts that will age terribly 😂

He can still be a good manager and overrated you know. 

I suppose my calling out of Poch for cowardice aged badly too as he's picking up his P45😁

Edited by Mark Kelly

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I did it from the Conference with Yeovil Town many, many years ago!  😉😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd be very surprised now if it isn't De Zerbi and we hadn't already quietly paid compensation, something I hadn't previously considered. Why else does he leave when and how he did? And all with profit-machine Brighton's approval?

That’s my feeling as well. It feels too perfect timing wise for De Zerbi to walk out of a job and a few days later a job he’s been linked too at various points, suddenly become available.

I don’t want him, I don’t rate him and I don’t think it would end well… but I also said I didn’t want Tuchel, so what do I know?!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

He can still be a good manager and overrated you know. 

You may as well call for his sacking as soon as he got the gig, if he was to get it.

Much for the same reasons why you couldn’t have Poch. C’mon let’s be honest, you are the ultimate seige mentalist of fans….nothing wrong with that as such, but at least own it.

You’re not accepting anyone with a positive Uk media profile from his playing/ manager days. 
Don’t get me wrong, he got away with murder as a player . He was still a great defender for City, it’s just not worth getting bogged down in these vendettas based on who the media likes though. It’s pointless imo. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

As long as these buffoons are running the club, we will get nowhere.  I'm no Poch fan, but I am fast getting disillusioned with these owners, they couldn't run a brothel.  Maybe they can, but it wouldn't be  a good brothel!  For fuck's sake get some proper football people in and mot clowns who couldn't spot a good player if it slapped them in the face.  Directors of Football and Sporting Directors are a waste of space in my opinion as well, all they do is pen push, suck up to the owners, undermine managers and scratch their nut while waiting for the next e-mail to arrive.  I give up.  Whoever takes over will be fighting a losing battle.

Edited by blueandproud

24 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

You may as well call for his sacking as soon as he got the gig, if he was to get it.

Much for the same reasons why you couldn’t have Poch. C’mon let’s be honest, you are the ultimate seige mentalist of fans….nothing wrong with that as such, but at least own it.

You’re not accepting anyone with a positive Uk media profile from his playing/ manager days. 
Don’t get me wrong, he got away with murder as a player . He was still a great defender for City, it’s just not worth getting bogged down in these vendettas based on who the media likes though. It’s pointless imo. 

Sorry mate he was a bang average centre half , he was adequate but someone in the media decided he was all that and like the Emperor's new clothes they all piled on. 

Siege mentalist ? I didn't like Poch because he couldn't coach and was a coward who lost one player and then shit the bed . Everywhere he's been he's been hamstrung by his own cowardly behaviour it's got nothing to do with positive media profile other than the fact that ninety nine percent of them are cretins who know arsehole nothing about anything.

• Like 1

De Zerbi looks a hot-head and for me doesn’t fit the profile of someone who accepts the status-quo and ‘just gets on with it’. Could be a short and stormy marriage - IF that profile was accurate. On a positive side, his team that had Caicedo in it was a great team to watch, they outplayed Man City and others, including us who they destroyed (Potter’s visit back at Brighton). 

He also called out the referees, which I liked because he’s correct - but probably not wise in the longer term as the ‘gang’ will then collude and your team will get Taylored for a long time.

I’d like Tuchel back, but I’d also accept that his cycle here wouldn’t last 3 seasons - he’s just intense and certainly wouldn’t accept being a bit-part operator. 

Someone brave, someone who when an opportunity presents itself (League Cup Final) sees the reward first and not the risk, and goes for it.

• Agree 1

De Zerbi was getting/had got found out at Brighton and whilst I accept he had injuries and lost lots of key players etc, I just don’t think he is or is going to be an elite coach. I think he is what he is, a feisty coach for a team lower down in the league, who can make a bit of an impact but make no real change at the club. I may be entirely wrong, but I just don’t see it with De Zerbi.

I think whoever it is, is going to be under instant pressure as it is clear it’s now top 4 or go and that’s going to be tough with this squad. I think Poch could have done it as he knows the players and they know him, but this isn’t an experienced squad that have played together for a few years that you can walk into and know you have the consistent spine of a team to build from or fall back on. I think this is a really difficult job for someone to take on, personally.

Whoever it is, I will back and if it’s De Zerbi, I hope I am proved wrong, but I worry that we’re going to be back in this position in 12 months time.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

De Zerbi was getting/had got found out at Brighton and whilst I accept he had injuries and lost lots of key players etc, I just don’t think he is or is going to be an elite coach. I think he is what he is, a feisty coach for a team lower down in the league, who can make a bit of an impact but make no real change at the club. I may be entirely wrong, but I just don’t see it with De Zerbi.

I think whoever it is, is going to be under instant pressure as it is clear it’s now top 4 or go and that’s going to be tough with this squad. I think Poch could have done it as he knows the players and they know him, but this isn’t an experienced squad that have played together for a few years that you can walk into and know you have the consistent spine of a team to build from or fall back on. I think this is a really difficult job for someone to take on, personally.

Whoever it is, I will back and if it’s De Zerbi, I hope I am proved wrong, but I worry that we’re going to be back in this position in 12 months time.

Do we have a top four defence? Weaker now, currently. That was an area that probably counted against the ex-coach as the data for that area must have stunk the place out.

We need a leader, Poch had one but publicly gave the job to anyone but him.

Players seemed to respect Silva, if I were the owners and with the parting of the ways now executed, I’d be on the phone to Fluminese and Silva - The incoming man will need to get the squad  behind him and as  a medium for assisting this a born leader ( as long as he’s on your side, which I sensed Silva and Pochettino never truly saw eye-to-eye - PSG thing??) working with you and the squad will help.

As for the social media messages from the players, means very little to me. Analogy being, look at most people’s workplace when the leaving-card comes round and the people who can’t stand the person leaving writes in it “really sorry to see you go, enjoyed everything we did together-best wishes for the future” - when really what they wanted to say was “you were a weapons-grade dickhead and the best thing that’s happened is that you’re going”. 

Still pondering over Silva’s comments about ‘egos’ - who was he referring too??? The coach?

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, east lower said:

Do we have a top four defence? Weaker now, currently. That was an area that probably counted against the ex-coach as the data for that area must have stunk the place out.

We need a leader, Poch had one but publicly gave the job to anyone but him.

Players seemed to respect Silva, if I were the owners and with the parting of the ways now executed, I’d be on the phone to Fluminese and Silva - The incoming man will need to get the squad  behind him and as  a medium for assisting this a born leader ( as long as he’s on your side, which I sensed Silva and Pochettino never truly saw eye-to-eye - PSG thing??) working with you and the squad will help.

As for the social media messages from the players, means very little to me. Analogy being, look at most people’s workplace when the leaving-card comes round and the people who can’t stand the person leaving writes in it “really sorry to see you go, enjoyed everything we did together-best wishes for the future” - when really what they wanted to say was “you were a weapons-grade dickhead and the best thing that’s happened is that you’re going”. 

Still pondering over Silva’s comments about ‘egos’ - who was he referring too??? The coach?

You can’t be starting this whole do we have a top 4 defence now he’s gone 😂 he outta here now, all new manager excuses are gone with it. 
All the Poch out brigade have to be starting from Top5 minimum next season for the new man to be better than the so called previous clown!

I agree with the sentiment that players will come out in praise for a manager leaving. However, it’s clear they enjoyed playing for him, as much as you refuted this earlier in the season with the so called ‘not happy faces’ coming off the pitch. 

My money is on Kompany. Maresca or McKenna if not him.

Sacking Poch for any of them after things finally started to come together would be clinically insane but i've gotten used to our stupidity at this point.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

De Zerbi now evens to be the next manager. It seems highly likey that this is who will be in place and I'd guess it'll be announced by next week.

Well @martin1905will be one happy man if this happens….i think !

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

De Zerbi now evens to be the next manager. It seems highly likey that this is who will be in place and I'd guess it'll be announced by next week.

At least we won't have to pay Brighton compensation.

Just now, Thiago97 said:

Well @martin1905will be one happy man if this happens….i think !

Absolutely.

Not too fussed who it is, not Pochettino is enough for me although I want Tuchel but I'd be more than happy with De Zerbi. 

It's pretty obvious it's going to be him when you look at everything that's happened.

• Like 1