Six Nations 2023

Holymoly

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

You had to ask. I'd just about got over it. Now I'm back in the depths of depression with the Spuds game to round the weekend off nicely. I suppose I can still look forward to the febs losing to Ireland and France 🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Seriously though thanks for asking 👍

If it helps, we're beating the Spuds tomorrow.  🤜💥

@RDCW...Although my links to Wales are somewhat tentative I have always carried a somewhat awed view of the connection between Wales and Rugby, an almost mystical thing.

I looked upon..and still do...the Cardiff and Swansea Football clubs in the same light as Gibralter...plucky outposts surrounded by a different culture!..(Mind you after becoming familiar with Gib over a few years my view of the place changed somewhat.and not for the better!)

So sorry to read the sincere observations about the state of Welsh Rugby.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

@RDCW

Oh my goodness, I didn’t realise things were that bad.  I’ve always thought of Welsh rugby as being at the pinnacle of the game.
I like watching rugby union but don’t know a lot about what goes on otherwise.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

No worries! Much as I adore Chelsea (A huge part of my life since 1970), Wales is my very being! We are more a romantic idea than a genuine single Nation, so the Cymry are extremely sentimental about Wales and Welshness; the rugby team feeds and informs the identity and prestige of the Welsh in a way not really seen anywhere else, so we are pretty beaten down by the shame of the WRU 🥴

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RDCW said:

No worries! Much as I adore Chelsea (A huge part of my life since 1970), Wales is my very being! We are more a romantic idea than a genuine single Nation, so the Cymry are extremely sentimental about Wales and Welshness; the rugby team feeds and informs the identity and prestige of the Welsh in a way not really seen anywhere else, so we are pretty beaten down by the shame of the WRU 🥴

Yes. Things have been seriously grim for us Welsh Chelsea fans. None of our results this 6Nations have been a shock to me, as a close follower of the game. We've got what we deserved in each match and we'll get hammered in Paris. I'll be at the wooden spoon decider in Rome and can't say I have any confidence we'll beat Italy.

Just hoping against hope for a win today at Spuds...

• 2 weeks later...