CFCnet 22/23 awards

We are almost there, we have almost got to the end of what can only be described as a horrific season for Chelsea FC, it felt like a season where not just the wheels came off, but they kept rolling back to smash us in the face to make sure we really were suffering. What could go wrong, did go wrong, what bad decisions could be made, were made and so it left us as fans having to suffer a long, painful season that I hope is never repeated again.

However, with that said and although the club have cancelled the official award ceremony, we here at CFCnet shall still 'celebrate' the season with our own annual end-of-season awards... I'm very much looking forward to seeing the player rankings this year!

I will post a link to where you can cast your votes, following the conclusion of the season, just in case, by some miracle the players produce a contender for match of the season or goal of the season, unlikely though it is. So, watch this space and cast your votes once you can, I will leave the votes open until Saturday 10th June and will post the 'winners' shortly after.

• Thanks 2

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Men only, I’m afraid.  Maybe something to consider for next season though 

Are you able to do something where we can give each player marks out of ten then a choice of keep /loan/ Sell /return option ? 

It would be interesting to see whether we want the same players going forward

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Are you able to do something where we can give each player marks out of ten then a choice of keep /loan/ Sell /return option ? 

It would be interesting to see whether we want the same players going forward

Out of 10 is in there, that’s how we get to the team of the season

keep/loan/sell could be for another topic, I’ll spin something up once the seasons fully over as think that would be interesting to see

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Out of 5 will suffice. 

Actually you're going about it the wrong way Ham. If one assumes only integers can be used in the scoring system, 1 out of 5 is the equivalent of 20 out of 100. Therefore rather than changing from n out of 10 to n out of 5, we should be scoring n out of 100 to achieve the lower value I assume you wish to reach.   😉😉😉

Edited by Bob Singleton
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Actually you're going about it the wrong way Ham. If one assumes only integers can be used in the scoring system, 1 out of 5 is the equivalent of 20 out of 100. Therefore rather than changing from n out of 10 to n out of 5, we should be scoring n out of 100 to achieve the lower value I assume you wish to reach.   😉😉😉

Very good point well made 👍

48 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I’ll give you 2 out of 3 for this post Bob!

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

For me there can only be one cfcnet member of the year : My Blood Is Blue, for his messianic performance in resurrecting the site and giving us back our forums! An honourable mention to JaneB for gathering the troops, determinedly tracking down members and bringing us all back together. Thank you guys!

That's where my vote went. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

For me there can only be one cfcnet member of the year : My Blood Is Blue, for his messianic performance in resurrecting the site and giving us back our forums! An honourable mention to JaneB for gathering the troops, determinedly tracking down members and bringing us all back together. Thank you guys!

Pleasure 😊 And I agree only one winner this year @My Blood Is Blue 💙

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Voting for yourself then? 😉

(I think everyone said you and Droy were one and the same on the old forum 🤔)

😂 To be fair I think it was just me who openly said that. 

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Well, I'm voting for Droy.

I'm always of the belief he is lurking here, living silently under a pseudonym. One day he'll break cover, flushed out by one of my critical posts of the xG stat.

4 hours ago, RDCW said:

Hear Hear!