• Before the quarter finals
  3. 3. League Cup

• Winners!
    • Runners up
    • Semi Finalists
    • Quarter Finalists
    • Before the quarter finals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/23 at 11:00

41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

the problem is at one end. 

Had a prove goal scorer designed for poch, unfortunately the power that be decided it was better to loan him out again for peanuts rather than try and resolve differences.
Even when there was an alleged part exchange option, the board decided it was better to ignore the offer and go and spend more money on a Chitty academy player. 

I am not saying he the best thing since sunbless. However I am sure Vlahovic would have brought more to the table than Jackson or Palmer. Can you imagine a Chelsea forward being able to hold up the ball and bring the team into play.

BTW is Lewis dunk still your neighbour?

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Had a prove goal scorer designed for poch, unfortunately the power that be decided it was better to loan him out again for peanuts rather than try and resolve differences.
Even when there was an alleged part exchange option, the board decided it was better to ignore the offer and go and spend more money on a Chitty academy player. 

I am not saying he the best thing since sunbless. However I am sure Vlahovic would have brought more to the table than Jackson or Palmer. Can you imagine a Chelsea forward being able to hold up the ball and bring the team into play.

BTW is Lewis dunk still your neighbour?

One of the differences was "I never want to play for Chelsea again" apparently. 

Bit difficult to argue that one away. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

One of the differences was "I never want to play for Chelsea again" apparently. 

Bit difficult to argue that one away. 

Sorry MK. 
They could have tried to resolve it with him going on the US tour, if he still played up then yes he should have been shown the exit door. 

The owners are smart cookies therefore they could have spoke with the Pillsbury  dough boy and gave him a few home truths as they were paying his wages. 

Maybe it is the case that Poch cannot work with top players. 

it’s all history now. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The owners are smart cookies therefore they could have spoke with the Pillsbury  dough boy and gave him a few home truths as they were paying his wages. 

One of the fearful truths is that if big players refuse to play for you, then all that value locked into the contract vanishes rapidly.
One of those issues where Cream Cake daren't go from Push to Shove.  Too much of an early test to the philosophy.

55 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Sorry MK. 
They could have tried to resolve it with him going on the US tour, if he still played up then yes he should have been shown the exit door. 

it’s all history now. 

With players who aren’t as arrogant, entitled and selfish as Fat Boy Fat, maybe.

As bad as things are right now, I don’t think we will be near to relegation by the end of the season.

Yes our recent form is as poor as the teams at the bottom of the league, but we have way more potential to improve than most of those teams. We have also had a run of rotten luck where nothing has gone our way in any of our games, that will even out over time. I don’t expect the key  decisions in games to change but we have always had to deal with that.

I think we will end up mid table, which at the moment feels a result lol.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyCFC said:

As bad as things are right now, I don’t think we will be near to relegation by the end of the season.

Yes our recent form is as poor as the teams at the bottom of the league, but we have way more potential to improve than most of those teams. We have also had a run of rotten luck where nothing has gone our way in any of our games, that will even out over time. I don’t expect the key  decisions in games to change but we have always had to deal with that.

I think we will end up mid table, which at the moment feels a result lol.

It more or less all depend on our next three matches: staying in the League cup ("there's always hope in a hanging fishing snore") and Fulham/Burnley. 3 wins=fine. 3 losses=Crisis! Above all: WE have to SCORE goals

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

It more or less all depend on our next three matches: staying in the League cup ("there's always hope in a hanging fishing snore") and Fulham/Burnley. 3 wins=fine. 3 losses=Crisis! Above all: WE have to SCORE goals

Whilst I agree the media and some of our fan base will be screaming crisis if we lose the next three games, and to be fair by our standards I can understand why, I still don’t think those three games determine where we finish in the league after 38 games.

I honestly think things will improve as the season progresses, I’m not saying we will dramatically turn things around and go on a winning streak, but I do think we will pick up enough points here and there to end up mid table, we might even get a couple of decent results against the better sides over the season. Of course we were all hopeful for much more pre season, but as things stand I think we would all accept a dull mid season finish at the moment.

I think we have been incredibly unlucky to get nothing from the West Ham, Forest and Villa games, but I saw enough in the West Ham and Villa games to think we can get better results. The tough run of games coming soon doesn’t help but it’s a long season as we know, so plenty of time to improve.

I think we can all agree that we need to score more goals though, it’s killing us.

• 2 weeks later...

@asvaberg

So we have won the three games since the last comments on this thread.

Thoughts now?

I still think it’s gonna be a bumpy ride but we have looked much better.

My prediction improves a little bit, mid table to slightly higher mid table, think we will end up around 6th or 7th.

• Agree 1