Chelsea Stadium Plans

Ham

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

There are also browser addons so that when you visit a page with a paywall block, you just press the button.

printerfriendly has a button like that.  You have to do it quick, but if it changes to paywall too fast then you just put it in Google translate (to English) and you get much more time.
Your Archive hack seems good though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

If we were going to move site, why would they buy the Stoll Buildings? Do we think this effectively commits us to a rebuild?

There are precious few suitable/ acceptable alternative sites, which would cost a fortune to acquire. Earls Court would be great but I don't think it's still available. I walked by the site the other week and there are boards on the fences outside showing the planned redevelopment, but there are no drawings of a football stadium.

Expanding the footprint of the Bridge to allow for a rebuild with a significantly bigger capacity seems the best solution. If it can be done stand-by-stand, as the Liverpool revamp has been done, thereby avoiding a temporary move away and a groundshare, that would be ideal.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

If we were going to move site, why would they buy the Stoll Buildings? Do we think this effectively commits us to a rebuild?

It might be unrelated to the stadium development to increase the plot to maximise the footprint as an asset.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

There are precious few suitable/ acceptable alternative sites, which would cost a fortune to acquire. Earls Court would be great but I don't think it's still available. I walked by the site the other week and there are boards on the fences outside showing the planned redevelopment, but there are no drawings of a football stadium.

Expanding the footprint of the Bridge to allow for a rebuild with a significantly bigger capacity seems the best solution. If it can be done stand-by-stand, as the Liverpool revamp has been done, thereby avoiding a temporary move away and a groundshare, that would be ideal.

I would have assumed that the actual favoured and most cost effective plan would be to sell SW6 and buy a bit further out, CPO notwithstanding. The current site must be some of the most expensive real estate in London and, although still expensive, further out is cheaper...

3 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It might be unrelated to the stadium development to increase the plot to maximise the footprint as an asset.

Also, I guess if they were to sit on it for 5 years, it would only appreciate.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Just to add to this.  The southern block, gates, gate piers, wing walls and railings facing Fulham Road are marked as listed and can't therefore be demolished

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I wouldn't read to much into the "Earls Court Master plan" drawings. They're just concept drawings. 

They're vague and generic and frankly make no sense from a commercial perspective. There hasn't even been a planning application.

The development is planned to conclude in 2040 and the popular opinion on architectural sites is that Delancey won't have the stomach for it 

We don't need the entire site. Just enough acres to fit something in. 

The club refuse point blank to write EC off which tells me that there is some encouragement 

The difficulty will be the chicken/egg scenario;

Can the club negotiate for the sale of EC before testing the waters with the CPO?

Edited by Ham
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There was the briefest mention on a podcast by Chris Isitt of the CPO of the club trying to buy other properties around the ground in addition to Stoll.

If true, this can only be the buildings on the other side of the entrance from Stoll with the studios at the back. 

The pinch point which prevents a truly squared off design.

If, and it's a big IF, they do buy these buildings, that would all but confirm for me that we're rebuilding SB rather than pursuing EC. The benefit wouldn't be worth the outlay. 

11 hours ago, Ham said:

There was the briefest mention on a podcast by Chris Isitt of the CPO of the club trying to buy other properties around the ground in addition to Stoll.

If true, this can only be the buildings on the other side of the entrance from Stoll with the studios at the back. 

The pinch point which prevents a truly squared off design.

If, and it's a big IF, they do buy these buildings, that would all but confirm for me that we're rebuilding SB rather than pursuing EC. The benefit wouldn't be worth the outlay. 

If you mean Hilary Close, a friend of a friend bought a house there at the end of last year. Some 2½mill as I understand. If the club were buying those properties, you'd think they would have bought that one as a first step toward a possible "offer you can't refuse" to the others in that mews.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

If you mean Hilary Close, a friend of a friend bought a house there at the end of last year. Some 2½mill as I understand. If the club were buying those properties, you'd think they would have bought that one as a first step toward a possible "offer you can't refuse" to the others in that mews.

Yes Bob, Hilary Close although I'm referring to these properties specifically. If the orientation of the ground is changed, this makes all the difference. 

Which property was bought by your friend out of interest?

Screenshot_20240420_121046_Maps.thumb.jpg.8d8d6ad35bbb1a641648c1de0629fdab.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes Bob, Hilary Close although I'm referring to these properties specifically. If the orientation of the ground is changed, this makes all the difference. 

Which property was bought by your friend out of interest?

Screenshot_20240420_121046_Maps.thumb.jpg.8d8d6ad35bbb1a641648c1de0629fdab.jpg

I vaguely remember my mate saying his mate had a high wall running down one side between his garden and the ground, so either the one at the top (north) in the red box, or the one opposite.

• Like 1