Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

24 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Are we still buying? Surely some selling wouldn't go astray - think what it'll be like when all the injured players are back! 

I reckon Potter is having a good look at what he has before they cull the squad. 

53 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I expect decions won't be made until fitness can be proved

We'd look pretty silly letting some go and end up short

Indeed. Ziyech is beginning to show up, but it may be too little too late for him.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I expect decions won't be made until fitness can be proved

We'd look pretty silly letting some go and end up short

Maybe for the January window, but I'd have to believe Potter and co already have an idea on a few that that are unlikely to have futures here beyond this season. Hard to imagine time still being needed to judge some of the more long standing players like Loftus-Cheek or Pulisic for example. 

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Indeed. Ziyech is beginning to show up, but it may be too little too late for him.

Ziyech is so frustrating but capable of brilliant moments. 

28 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Maybe for the January window, but I'd have to believe Potter and co already have an idea on a few that that are unlikely to have futures here beyond this season. Hard to imagine time still being needed to judge some of the more long standing players like Loftus-Cheek or Pulisic for example. 

Sure. I was thinking of this window initially 

Ziyech can be so good when he fancies it, but too often he doesn’t, or at least that is how it seems.

I think the club will try to move on 2 of Ziyech, Pulisic and CHO in the summer.

RLC may stick around purely for numbers, but can’t see him having much involvement if we make the CM signings we need.

Koulibaly may well be shown the door as well, if we can find a buyer.

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ziyech can be so good when he fancies it, but too often he doesn’t, or at least that is how it seems.

I think the club will try to move on 2 of Ziyech, Pulisic and CHO in the summer.

RLC may stick around purely for numbers, but can’t see him having much involvement if we make the CM signings we need.

Koulibaly may well be shown the door as well, if we can find a buyer.

KK's form is a shame in view of the player he has been and hoped he would be for us. He seems like a really nice guy too, so I really wanted him to do well here. He just seems so much more hesitant than he should be, given his experience and what he has achieved in the game.

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A happy Ziyech is a great player but he's so hard to get behind .

Pulisic can go , RLC must surely go , he may be a utility player but he's mediocre wherever he plays , Havertz should stay I think and played behind the striker , CHO has to go .

Ziyech is cursed with a "resting bitch" face. He is a bright chap and I'm sure he is genuinely not as miserable as he looks. It would be a real bonus if he started playing to his potential. All the rumours of our offering him as a make weight in our transfer dealings seem to mitigate against the idea of his redemption with us though.

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A happy Ziyech is a great player but he's so hard to get behind .

Pulisic can go , RLC must surely go , he may be a utility player but he's mediocre wherever he plays , Havertz should stay I think and played behind the striker , CHO has to go .

Completely agree RE Havertz. I think he’s starting to mature a bit as a player and I think we’re going to start seeing bigger and better things from him. He will also hugely benefit from having better players around him, like Felix and Mudryk. If we can get a proper striker in front of those 3 then we’re laughing!

I know Nkunku is coming next season, but I don’t think he’s a no.9, I think he’s another player to play in the 3 behind, along with Madueke and Mount.

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Ziyech is cursed with a "resting bitch" face. He is a bright chap and I'm sure he is genuinely not as miserable as he looks. It would be a real bonus if he started playing to his potential. All the rumours of our offering him as a make weight in our transfer dealings seem to mitigate against the idea of his redemption with us though.

He's got that Anelka "Le Sulk" type of persona. 

Currently being linked with a move to Roma. Wonder how he'd fair under Mourinho. 

I'm not sure we'll see anyone leave this window. Those that might be in the "out" column are either currently injured, recovering from injury but nowhere near close to playing yet, or needed to cover for players not currently available.

On the other hand, I really wouldn't be surprised if we signed at least one more player. We seem to be on an "if they're available now, get them now" mission

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

This was completely unmerited by all accounts 

Yes, Anelka was absolutely the victim of media prejudice. His reputation was disgracefully traduced by the gutter media and latterly his refusal to kowtow to the execrable Raymond Domenech. I wish we had someone like Nicolas here now!

@RDCW...absolutely...I hate the media so much....from the instant sainthood of certain players,,(specifically JG!) to trashing players for no real reason...Anelka was yadda bad attitude yadda but Griggs ?

Anelka did the business for Chelsea and then some..I recall a sweet performance at Arsenal in particular!

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Yes, Anelka was absolutely the victim of media prejudice. His reputation was disgracefully traduced by the gutter media and latterly his refusal to kowtow to the execrable Raymond Domenech. I wish we had someone like Nicolas here now!

He certainly knew where the goal was which would be a great help !