Chelsea's Ticket Exchange Portal

ROTG

Just putting it out there - Has anyone had any success in buying tickets through the Ticket Exchange Portal

My family have had  zero success using this portal, there seems to be criteria's for tickets which are indicated as available?

I’ve unloaded tickets through the portal, so presumably someone is buying them. Couldn’t make Leeds last weekend, and saw on telly that someone was sitting in my seat, so it obviously works. Have bought from there in previous years.

My only criticism is that as I’m an OG, my ticket is listed as a senior - why can’t they list it as an adult ticket and make a little extra for the club - or give it to me to eke out my pension?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I’ve unloaded tickets through the portal, so presumably someone is buying them. Couldn’t make Leeds last weekend, and saw on telly that someone was sitting in my seat, so it obviously works. Have bought from there in previous years.

My only criticism is that as I’m an OG, my ticket is listed as a senior - why can’t they list it as an adult ticket and make a little extra for the club - or give it to me to eke out my pension?

Yes the exchange locking Senior/Kids tickets into their categories has always irked me. Especially when you see one just sitting there for days, it's baffling. 

The worst is the family section. You have the junior tickets or adult tickets popping up on their own but they can't be bought except alongside another kid/adult ticket on its own. 

Also another gripe I have is the fact it's only PL games on the exchange. Let's see all competitions please and lastly you can't earn loyalty points from tickets bought on the exchange, another baffling decision that has never made any sense. 

14 hours ago, ROTG said:

Just putting it out there - Has anyone had any success in buying tickets through the Ticket Exchange Portal

My family have had  zero success using this portal, there seems to be criteria's for tickets which are indicated as available?

Since they revamped it for this season, it's been a needle in a haystack. I had much better success with the old system. 

• Thanks 1

On 08/03/2023 at 23:34, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Also another gripe I have is the fact it's only PL games on the exchange. Let's see all competitions please and lastly you can't earn loyalty points from tickets bought on the exchange, another baffling decision that has never made any sense. 

How could you have non-PL games on it? ST holders would just not buy their seats if they can't go, there'd be nothing to put on the exchange.

I've used it to sell my ST twice this season, both times my seat was sold within 5 minutes. But I do despise the current ticketing website, it's bizarrely poorly designed.

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

How could you have non-PL games on it? ST holders would just not buy their seats if they can't go, there'd be nothing to put on the exchange.

I've used it to sell my ST twice this season, both times my seat was sold within 5 minutes. But I do despise the current ticketing website, it's bizarrely poorly designed.

Yes I miss the old style, much more straight forward. 

Good point re: the non-PL games, makes sense. Ideally they'd get it to a stage where any tickets can be sold on the Exchange, not only ST holders.

On 08/03/2023 at 09:46, Blue Moon said:

The selling system is bloody brilliant. Due to train strikes and general parenting commitments, I have missed a few this season, and they barely last 5 minutes before being sold.

I have bought tickets before too, and agree, I don't get why you can't select to upgrade a concession ticket to an adult.  People are happy to pay full price. It can't be that hard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2023 at 15:32, ROTG said:

Just tried again for the Everton Match, Selected two in shed lower to be informed at the checkout that we didn't qualify for the tickets - Bizarre 

Isn't Shed Lower, the family section, so would need to be an adult and a junior 

Errr .... no .... that's East Lower. Shed Lower is nice and noisy. There are a few families there, but mostly ones with older "children" (in their twenties or more) or kids who are quite capable of shocking the bluenoses with their language. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Isn't Shed Lower, the family section, so would need to be an adult and a junior 

Used two adults memberships without any luck.

the family managed to get to two games this season with tickets from the ticket office.
Zero games through ticket exchange 

One thing I have always been jealous of I must admit, is that you lucky Season Ticket Holders pay a bulk discount for the 19 home league games. Then you get to sell the games you can't attend pro-rata on the exchange (loyalty points remain banked) and are guaranteed a ticket for any home game you want to attend (and most finals and away games).

I rue my Dad giving up his Season Ticket back in 2000 and getting us memberships. He should have kept his and got me one. Or I should have made a more concerted effort to get one in my teens and 20s. 

Being a member has allowed me to attend most games I want but even so there's still those I miss out on (usually big away games) and I have had enough of ticket anxiety in general, not knowing whether or not I can get on for a game until the sale date itself or via obsessive monitoring of the exchange.

Whereas with Season Ticket there's 0 anxiety when buying a ticket, you guys can relax and don't have to plan certain days around being ready for tickets going on sale. 

I suppose there's a thrill and excitement in it, but perhaps it's a sign of me getting older that I can't be bothered anymore and it would be nice to remove that stress from my life.

But to remove that stress from one's life requires stress as you have to attend nearly every game (home and away) to be in with a chance for a Season Ticket and it would hurt to miss out on a Season Ticket by a fraction.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2023 at 06:39, CarefreeMuratcan said:

One thing I have always been jealous of I must admit, is that you lucky Season Ticket Holders pay a bulk discount for the 19 home league games. Then you get to sell the games you can't attend pro-rata on the exchange (loyalty points remain banked) and are guaranteed a ticket for any home game you want to attend (and most finals and away games).

A lot of away games are still impossible, even with a ST.

Demand > Supply

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone tried buying resale tickets on the official CFC websites ticket exchange?

I’ve been keeping an eye on it to see if a Forest home ticket comes up. I’m not sure it works properly, it seems when a ticket becomes available the section the seat is in becomes highlighted on the stadium map, however you click into it and often there is no seat available?

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong but it seems a bit flakey to me.

Is there an area on this site for buying or selling tickets like there was on the old site, or is ticket selling outlawed now with the digital approach?

Been selling via ticket exchange for several years now, and it always works . However, tickets usually go in <5minutes, so perhaps you select a seat and it’s gone before you can confirm it?

I’ll leave the other question to Jane and Michael, in the absence of Sam on holiday.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JonnyCFC said:

Has anyone tried buying resale tickets on the official CFC websites ticket exchange?

I’ve been keeping an eye on it to see if a Forest home ticket comes up. I’m not sure it works properly, it seems when a ticket becomes available the section the seat is in becomes highlighted on the stadium map, however you click into it and often there is no seat available?

Is there an area on this site for buying or selling tickets like there was on the old site, or is ticket selling outlawed now with the digital approach?

"Attempting to sell match day or any other tickets is not allowed and you may also not link to or promote any other ticket exchange sites"

Sorry.

18 hours ago, JonnyCFC said:

No the site is still a pile off poop. Once can only assume the club turns a blind eye to algorithms being used by 3rd parties to purchase tickets from Chelsea's ticket exchange.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

"Attempting to sell match day or any other tickets is not allowed and you may also not link to or promote any other ticket exchange sites"

Sorry.

you are missing the point. for those who are using the ticket exchange it is not guaranteed a member will get the tickets, regardless of the club's small print.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

you are missing the point. for those who are using the ticket exchange it is not guaranteed a member will get the tickets, regardless of the club's small print.

I’m not missing any point.  I’m quoting our forum rules about selling tickets on here which was what @JonnyCFC was enquiring about 🙄

20 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Been selling via ticket exchange for several years now, and it always works . However, tickets usually go in <5minutes, so perhaps you select a seat and it’s gone before you can confirm it?

I’ll leave the other question to Jane and Michael, in the absence of Sam on holiday.

I guess people are constantly logging in to check for tickets so it’s pot luck, you happen to check just as someone sells you get lucky. I’ve had no luck on there so far.