Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

We need to avenge that 1st week aberration against the dipper women! Fran Kirby is back too. 

Having watched quite a few of the games I don't rate our compatriot Sophie Ingle in our midfield. Maybe she's a better central defender.

• 4 weeks later...

On my way back from Selhurst Park ... Very uncharacteristically poor today. Each Arsenal goal came from a completely avoidable error, but they were vastly superior when it came to territory. They played high up and bravely, penned us entirely in our own half and left us completely dependent on a lump to Kerr or James doing something incredible. Ingle in particular had a nightmare. They were good value for their win. Very similar to last year's league cup final, in fact.

Hopefully a big response in the next two league games, which really do shape where the title goes.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

On my way back from Selhurst Park ... Very uncharacteristically poor today. Each Arsenal goal came from a completely avoidable error, but they were vastly superior when it came to territory. They played high up and bravely, penned us entirely in our own half and left us completely dependent on a lump to Kerr or James doing something incredible. Ingle in particular had a nightmare. They were good value for their win. Very similar to last year's league cup final, in fact.

Hopefully a big response in the next two league games, which really do shape where the title goes.

Millie Bright has been awful these last few months.  

I watched a fair amount of it.

Kerr was isolated and Reiten was the only one that could get forward to support.

James did not have a good game at all hardly on the ball and though did win some free kicks. 

I thought McCabe of Arsenal was very clever in winning the penalty and getting some of our players booked. 

Arsenal really did close us down well and restrict us in midfield.