Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

• 2 weeks later...

That’s not good with both team being allocated only 8,000 tickets for the cup final and 50,000 to others

TVF - does the limitation affect you plans. I am assuming you will be going to the final?

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

That’s not good with both team being allocated only 8,000 tickets for the cup final and 50,000 to others

TVF - does the limitation affect you plans. I am assuming you will be going to the final?

You assume correctly. I've got mine through the club. There must have been huge take up, because I missed out on the cheaper tickets in the allocation. In previous years it's been really easy for anyone to buy "neutral" seats through Club Wembley and in fairness 8k is about 3 times as many ST holders so I think any Chelsea Women supporter who wants to go will be okay.

Edit: just seen Mark Skinner's complaints. Utd pull in about 3.5k for anything but their biggest games, so I really do not know what he is complaining about. Literally everyone who regularly goes to United will get a club ticket, plus another 3-4k who only go for "big" games. It's not really the same argument as for men's finals where sometimes tens of thousands of every-weekers don't get a look in.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2023 at 17:53, Blue Moon said:

When do tickets for the final go on sale?

On sale now, and nearly sold out. If you are interested you'll need to get in today or hospitality tickets*, if you're lucky, will be all that's left. The two sections remaining on sale are Upper1 & Upper 2. If you need three or more seats together you will have to go for Upper 2.

Tickets link: https://www.chelseafc.com/en/tickets/womens-tickets

Wembley have sold 65,000 seats themselves, and allocated the two clubs 8,000 each to be sold direct to their fans. That said, many of the neutral tickets have been bought by Chelsea and United fans. 

* Direct from  Wembley box office if available.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CFCW Fan said:

On sale now, and nearly sold out. If you are interested you'll need to get in today or hospitality tickets*, if you're lucky, will be all that's left. The two sections remaining on sale are Upper1 & Upper 2. If you need three or more seats together you will have to go for Upper 2.

Tickets link: https://www.chelseafc.com/en/tickets/womens-tickets

Wembley have sold 65,000 seats themselves, and allocated the two clubs 8,000 each to be sold direct to their fans. That said, many of the neutral tickets have been bought by Chelsea and United fans. 

* Direct from  Wembley box office if available.

And we have 100 members!!  Welcome @CFCW Fan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CFCW Fan said:

Thank you Jane.

Do you mean 100 members posting about CFCW, or 100 members total?

No, I mean we now have 100 members on cfcnet 💙

We had to start again in January when the then owners took down the old site with no warning 😡

It was awful at the time but slowly people are finding us again (we have a slightly different website address to the old site) and the best thing is we now own the site and can run it as we please 👍🏻

The club has now sold out it's allocation of Women's FA Cup Final tickets. That said...

Something in the arithmetic isn't adding up. Wembley say that they are hoping for a 'sell out', and that they have sold 65,000 seats themselves. The 16,000 tickets they allocated to Chelsea and Man Utd have also sold out. This makes a total of 81,000 tickets sold, which is about 9,000 fewer than Wembley's capacity, so what's the story?

Have Wembley put an 81,000 cap on the crowd size? Do they have a different plan for the remaining tickets?

7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

No, I mean we now have 100 members on cfcnet 💙

We had to start again in January when the then owners took down the old site with no warning 😡

It was awful at the time but slowly people are finding us again (we have a slightly different website address to the old site) and the best thing is we now own the site and can run it as we please 👍🏻

Wow, I didn't know any of that. All power to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CFCW Fan said:

Wow, I didn't know any of that. All power to you.

Some amazing grass roots efforts led by Jane and Sam with a lot of unheralded support from an unruly group who you should take an OG's warning about!

But I'm sure you will discover that for yourself..I COULD NAME NAMES! (You know who you are!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

Some amazing grass roots efforts led by Jane and Sam with a lot of unheralded support from an unruly group who you should take an OG's warning about!

But I'm sure you will discover that for yourself..I COULD NAME NAMES! (You know who you are!)

Confused Jane ?...I don't think so !,,,,I see myself as a long suffering but unbowed OG bulwark between the unruly ruffians, mentioned above, on here and civilised gentlemanly conversation!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Saturday 22 April 1230BST WCL Semi-Final First Leg vs. Barce at the Bridge. Tickets on sale general sale from 1400. It will be streamed on DAZN's channel on Youtube

Something strange seems to have happened with tickets for this game. Having seemed to have been sold out for a day or two, all of a sudden yesterday there were plenty of tickets available in Westview (West Stand Upper) . We could speculate about what might have happened there but, based on how slowly tickets having been going in the last two days, I don't think many of those will be taken up.

5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe they opened another block for sale.

The whole of the Westview had gone on sale, one or two blocks at a time, and then off sale again as each block sold out. As that happened the next block was made available. When Westview had sold out, or seemed to, the first block of the Matthew Harding Upper (block 8 ) was put on sale, just as the club had said would happen. Then yesterday afternoon MHU8 was taken off sale, with few seats seeming to have been sold. The whole of the Westview was then put back on sale and there seems to be many seats available there.

Edited by CFCW Fan
  • Confused 1

I honestly think the club is reaching point now.  

Hiring someone as average and divisive as Poch is going to make excitment and anticipation for next season even lower than it is now. If results don't instantly improve, Boehly will have a fanbase ready to turn on the manager even sooner than it did with Potter.  

For the foreseeable future Boehly and co have effectively given up on Chelsea challenging the best again. Lowering expectations and aiming for littls more than hopefully getting CL money because no way in hell are we ever going to challenge the best with this bottle job tier 3 level manager in charge.

I haven't felt so flat about my club since the early 90's. Perhaps even more so because back then we didn't have a pot to per in whereas now we are self destructing.