Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

As her face betrayed towards the end. She seemed to weighing up despairing of them and readying the tea cups.  My money is on a frosty silence having descended upon the changing room at full time.

I have to be fair and say we have been fortunate in games against Arsenal this season and last......until today! They look a better side than us at the moment. I still think we will win the WSL though.

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

I have to be fair and say we have been fortunate in games against Arsenal this season and last......until today! They look a better side than us at the moment. I still think we will win the WSL though.

I see us losing to Man U and ultimately finishing 2nd to them. 

10 hours ago, jasonb said:

I watched a fair amount of it.

Kerr was isolated and Reiten was the only one that could get forward to support.

James did not have a good game at all hardly on the ball and though did win some free kicks. 

I thought McCabe of Arsenal was very clever in winning the penalty and getting some of our players booked. 

Arsenal really did close us down well and restrict us in midfield.

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

My guess is that after Kerr's early opener, the players thought that they could go through the motions and win comfortably. And they played like it! Awful performance. Emma will not be best pleased!

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Millie Bright has been awful these last few months.  

Blimey ! Did Graham have a week coaching there?

Hayes said that against Arsenal we lost mainly because we did not win our one to one challenges. 

Much better in that today.

Thought the referee may have made different decisions in the first half and it was to our benefit she didn't.

Kerr's goal was sublime.

Didn't have the greatest view of either penalty call (sit in the North Stand, opposite end). Thought Utd dominated territory but really did absolutely nothing with it, wasn't like the defence were really being pushed. And a ball over the top or through the middle to Kerr always looked on.

It's not the dominant, expressive football that's been more typical of us in recent years and I doubt it will be enough against Lyon, but should see us through to another league title and is all without Kirby and Harder, and yesterday without Cuthbert and Reiten. Take players of similar importance out of Utd's team and they're mid-table at best.

I don't think any of the summer signings, Cankovic aside, are really offering what we would have hoped. Buchanan in particular has underwhelmed, not seeing that she's much better than Nouwen was.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

A mistake caused by an inability to use a mobile phone. As Soustrup said: 

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone.”

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

MAN CITY 2 CHELSEA 0. 20 MINUTES TO GO.

Been much the better team, City. We've played pretty direct, regressive football over the last few months and it shows in the big games. Villa next week is a big game now. They're a decent team, but win there and it's all (tempting fate!) games we should cruise until the last game of the season. 

That said, the officiating here has been shite. Kerr clean through and obviously onside at 1-0 down, ref stopping play because a ball hits Houghton's head but on several occasions playing on with multiple Chelsea players down.