Chelsea 2 Fulham 0

Cliche I know but certainly a game of 2 halves.

Looked forceful, energetic and comfortable in the first half.

Second half after 11 changes we looked a bit sloppy and less coordinated but still some good moments too.

Jackson I hope will be an excellent find.

Angelo looks something special on this evidence.

Reece not 100% yet.

Not convinced that Casedei is ready for the high intensity of the Premier league just yet.

We looked less in control once Enzo went off.

Overall though I am pleased with what I'm seeing. Far better fitness and intensity. The desire to win the ball back as quickly as possible and the decision making in the final third is polarising compared to last season.

• Agree 3

Plenty of good signs, but (and I’m not trying to be negative!), it’s very early days and a very young team, so we just need to have a bit of patience as Poch builds them to be the team they definitely seem to have the potential to be.

I really hope we keep a decent amount of the youngsters around this season as some of them have been really impressive and I’d much rather see them get a proper chance in our first team and under Poch, than playing elsewhere.

• Agree 3

Missed most of the game, but another win and it feels like we’ve had a very positive pre season and hopefully this is the start of Poch building something special. We’re gonna have to be patient with this young squad, but I feel like there’s some good days ahead. 

Edited by Floyd25

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Missed most of the game, but another win and it feels like we’ve had a very positive pre season and hopefully this is the start of Poch building something special. We’re gonna have to be patient with this young squad, but I feel like there’s some good days ahead. 

Even if we don't get a positive result against Dortmund I think it has been a successful pre season.Three players that stand out for me are Nkunku,Maatsen and Jackson.

They look like players that can perform consistently at the highest level in the premiership. Maatsen reminds me of Luis Diaz of Liverpool.

The only new player I'm concerned about is Casadei,he gives the ball away too often and looks like he lacks a football brain.Early days of course and he is young.

8 minutes ago, kev61 said:

They look like players that can perform consistently at the highest level in the premiership. Maatsen reminds me of Luis Diaz of Liverpool.

The only new player I'm concerned about is Casadei,he gives the ball away too often and looks like he lacks a football brain.Early days of course and he is young.

I agree on Maatsen, I think he’s an intelligent player, can play in a wide variety of positions and it doesn’t surprise that Poch likes him.

I like Casadei actually, for the Italy under 20’s recently he was top goalscorer, very formidable in the air. To use fancy words I guess they used him as a mezzala type player and got the best out of him, I think there’s a decent player there for the future, whether he makes it at Chelsea or not, time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

I like Casadei actually, for the Italy under 20’s recently he was top goalscorer, very formidable in the air. To use fancy words I guess they used him as a mezzala type player and got the best out of him, I think there’s a decent player there for the future, whether he makes it at Chelsea or not, time will tell. 

Enzo came with a reputation that was built on the last world cup.Argentina won it so his value sky rockets.

Stupid logic.Not saying he hasn't potential,but I'm yet to see what warranted his huge signing fee.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SideshowLuiz said:

I've just realized that last year, we finished the lowest of all the teams competing in the summer series. What a bleak season it was!

I think we are one midfielder away from being a top side.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

Even if we don't get a positive result against Dortmund I think it has been a successful pre season.Three players that stand out for me are Nkunku,Maatsen and Jackson.

Casadei had been solid throughout the whole pre-season. The only blip was last night when he lost possession twice. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Casadei had been solid throughout the whole pre-season. The only blip was last night when he lost possession twice. 

Agree to disagree.He was a glaring non entity.He might come good - who knows.

Sterling seems to have finally run out of his stock of cigars and actually got up off his arse for once. Having said that he was still largely ineffective. It is nice though to see the ball find its way to attackers who actually have a greater likelyhood to score or at least hit the target after the Werner/Havertz wilderness years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Agree to disagree.He was a glaring non entity.He might come good - who knows.

I think there’s some pretty good aspects to his game personally and he obviously has time on his side to work on it, also under a good coach.  

Be difficult not to be delighted with the preseaon so far...such a contrast from last year's debacle that went from preseason up until May 23!

Only preseason and as such a success...new coach,new players complete overhaul....BUT preseason and the nitty gritty stuff starts with the scousers.

Aside..perhaps..just perhaps..TT was more culpable than we thought?

36 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

... or maybe he had less freedom to hire and fire? And was tied up in all the nasty stuff in the wake of RA's demise?

A puzzle all round BM..... I don't recall anything like the whole affair ever in any sport...HMG involvement and much jumping on the bandwagon but "other" clubs with legal and moral issues seem teflon proof?..Why would that be?

Because they don't wear blue or have a name beginning with C? Cardiff City, Carlisle United, Chesterfield, Celta Vigo, Colchester United and Coventry City beware ...

8 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Because they don't wear blue or have a name beginning with C? Cardiff City, Carlisle United, Chesterfield, Celta Vigo, Colchester United and Coventry City beware ...

Hmm tried to put up an emoji..but Like didn;t work..nor did a HaHa...... but a well focused comment wrapped in a humorous disguise,,,,spot on BM.