Chelsea 2 Fulham 0

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Nice play from Chukwuemeka and great to see Nkunku following it in for the rebound.

Simple goal, but the kinda goal we could jot score last season. Partly due to not having players with the footballing intelligence of Nkunku. 

• Agree 1

This is the best Nkunku has looked in pre season so far. It must be the position, he looks more comfortable than in previous games.

Carney and Santos playing well. Humphreys impressing me again. Crazy to think we've just spent another 45m on a CB when he's coming through. 

Edited by Bison
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

This is the best Nkunku has looked in pre season so far. It must be the position, he looks more comfortable than in previous games.

Carney and Santos playing well. Hunprehys impressing me again. Crazy to think we've just spent another 45m on a CB when he's coming through. 

Agree impressed every game but it's a long season and as yet Humphreys has not had to face committed "old pros".

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Carney and Santos playing well. Hunprehys impressing me again. Crazy to think we've just spent another 45m on a CB when he's coming through. 

This position does more replicate his role at RB last year. He likes floating between wide , no10 and no 9 roles during a game.  A really like the goals he have scored so far, nothing special any of them. Right place right time through reading the game and situations. 
Humphreys not had to do too much, but he does have a bit of a Rolls Royce look about him when he has .

• Like 1

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 2 Fulham 0

I remember when we first went away for pre season, or at least went a long way, and everyone was thinking it was madness travelling half way round the world for pre season and how much better we'd be playing Kingstonian at kingsmeadow,  instead of proper competitive, albeit non competitive games.

This summer series has been brilliant and a proper pre season tour, thoroughly enjoyed it and hope, as winners 😄, we get to participate again.

“the sunk cost of Cucurella”. Love it, @Bison!

1 minute ago, ShedMiddle said:

Angelo and Jackson are the stand outs this half. Hall also decent. Angelo looks like he could be a gem!

Totally agree - this is starting to look like a team again 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I think Malo Gusto will start against Liverpool. James doesn’t seem 100%

Not sure about Gusto against Liverpool, but James definitely lacking sharpness, I agree. 

• Agree 1