Fulham 0 Chelsea 2

JaneB

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Well that's a revelation.How did you come to that obvious conclusion?

You’ll find it was a much needed, educational and reasonable response to some suggesting we had “turned results around” after beating Brighton reserves in the Rumbelows Cup and the mighty Fulham. Glad to be of service.

Edited by McCreadie
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gurj SS said:

We're a team that has become known for keeping the ball for large amounts of the game, we sat back and struggled to do that, also while we couldn't do that the best chance of the game was actually missed by Fulham; we've fumbled in front of goal quite a lot this season but that Fulham chance was easier to score than not.

I sort of see what you mean but can we afford to try the same thing against a stronger team? I doubt we can, and I'd much prefer Poch to have used the opportunity to control possesion and keep the ball away from Fulham; because we'll need to do just that if we can get ahead in most of the games in the run up to Christmas.

Yes we did go toe to toe, but they got through however couldn't finish; against stronger teams we'd have been in trouble.

Maybe there is something to be said for sitting back and letting teams attack us? Becoming a counterattacking team that Poch also excels at. Given that when teams low block we struggle so much to break them down. Granted we were already ahead and I also think that helped explain the strategy - we wanted to soak up the pressure and hit them on the break.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

We're a team that regularly has 75% possession  and then lose.How do the stat's people explain this?.

I should think they look at all the stats and particular the 75% possession one, and use that to understand better the situation and explain it.

How do non-stats people explain the losses?
How do they even begin?

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Maybe there is something to be said for sitting back and letting teams attack us? Becoming a counterattacking team that Poch also excels at. Given that when teams low block we struggle so much to break them down. Granted we were already ahead and I also think that helped explain the strategy - we wanted to soak up the pressure and hit them on the break.

Counter attacking would not work against the 40pts PL safety teams “basically 2/3 of the PL teams”. Those teams would be happy to keep the low block and hope for some kind of success from a set piece or will be happy to take the draw. 

Top 4 team come up with solutions against  40pts PL safety teams. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Counter attacking would not work against the 40pts PL safety teams “basically 2/3 of the PL teams”. Those teams would be happy to keep the low block and hope for some kind of success from a set piece or will be happy to take the draw. 

Top 4 team come up with solutions against  40pts PL safety teams. 

Not sure. I think sometimes we get caught in just assuming we are the better team and enjoy the fact lower teams sit back against us, but then never do anything with it. 

Not saying we can go full counter-attacking low block ourselves but there is something to be said for letting oppositions into the game a bit and then exploiting the space.

5 hours ago, McCreadie said:

You’ll find it was a much needed, educational and reasonable response to some suggesting we had “turned results around” after beating Brighton reserves in the Rumbelows Cup and the mighty Fulham. Glad to be of service.

You really know nothing about momentum in football, do you?  If you lose a string of games, winning one is a big deal. Winning two is starting to turn the tide.

Perhaps it is because you are so stubborn and unchanging yourself you assume confidence from always staying the same, no matter if the outcomes are correct.

Perhaps if you reach further inside your cavernous backside you can find some fresh ideas and humble pie to have with them.

5 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I should think they look at all the stats and particular the 75% possession one, and use that to understand better the situation and explain it.

How do non-stats people explain the losses?
How do they even begin?

Hmm...bit technical for an OG but,,,,,SHIT HAPPENS!