Dogs,Cats and other things that go bump in the night!

chara

9 minutes ago, chara said:

@east lower lovely princess indeed...and I live in.....Bailey!,,,,,,with a low earlier of-30C and still snowing she might feel at home here!

(I always "read" the eyes,)

She’s definitely not a fan of too much heat, seems that Bailey has become a popular dog name round my way. There’s loads out there,  she gets a might confused at times.

She’s 12 now, so she’s probably classed just like me I.e ‘getting on a bit’, but still enjoying a good two or three mile walk on the nearby common. Still likes to play with other dogs, and goes full-on ‘love me’ with people. Not a bad bone in her body, just loves everyone, but very much a husky in that she’s almost cat-like and tries to do what she wants, when she wants.

Minus 30C might just be a tad too chilly, freeze our paws off.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just rambled through the posts again..nice warm feelings all the way,Thank you all for the input.

Colorado moment earlier this week..Cash..the larger of the two litter mates..image of the late great Pedro...out in the snow sat by the step waiting to come in...Jasper barks but Cash seems to think telepathy works!,,as ever I digress,,,quite happily sitting with a lower part of a deer leg in his mouth..... not your usual front/back garden occurance in Uk I suspect.

Too close to home to be from a kill site..lot of mountain lion activity reported lately (and bears coming out of hibernation)..think probably scavanged by coyotes and dropped close by..or at least I hope so!

1 minute ago, chara said:

Just rambled through the posts again..nice warm feelings all the way,Thank you all for the input.

Colorado moment earlier this week..Cash..the larger of the two litter mates..image of the late great Pedro...out in the snow sat by the step waiting to come in...Jasper barks but Cash seems to think telepathy works!,,as ever I digress,,,quite happily sitting with a lower part of a deer leg in his mouth..... not your usual front/back garden occurance in Uk I suspect.

Too close to home to be from a kill site..lot of mountain lion activity reported lately (and bears coming out of hibernation)..think probably scavanged by coyotes and dropped close by..or at least I hope so!

😮

On 09/03/2024 at 17:16, chara said:

😮 x 2

Makes me grateful that our predators only bring in half-eaten mice and shrews plus the occasional sparrow. Cue for half a rabbit ... we do have the occasional visit from the local and ancient badger, but he only drinks from the pond and then vanishes by the same route as he came. Nothing as exciting as cougars, coyotes or bears in the wilds of Buckinghamshire ...

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...