Dogs,Cats and other things that go bump in the night!

chara

14 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

@Mark Kelly Do they always line up to have their photo taken? 

It's my Mrs, she's trained them that "Line up" means if they do as they're told they get a treat.  

It's surprisingly easy now as they're used to it although we do get the odd straggler as in the photo, usually one of the Yorkies who seem to believe they're in charge. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chara said:

Hey Mark..if the little black one between the two at the back ever needs a vacation/move to Colorado I have just the couch for him/her!

That's Buddy, he's my wife's boy and the packs enforcer, he's a great dog but he takes no shit from the rest of them even though he's one of the smallest it's all muscle. 

@Mark Kelly....Hmm....should have known!,,,Had a Black Lab called Buddy...and a Jack Russell named Holly...double name tribute...for our Chelsea Holly and Buddy....with a cat called Dylan bet you can't work out what musical decade I'm stuck in!

Names across the years..Toby, (Lab) Clay (Springer) Jenny (Springer) Holly (Jack Russell) Chelsea ,Catty.Charlotte, Georgia and "Little" Peg (Island mutts) Buddy (Lab) Pedro,Jessi, Cash, Jasper (GWP) (Third litter mate to dear friend,,Scarlet,,,was Scar until vet informed me at 4 days old he was a she!)....Cats...Candy, Chara, Dylan, Gracie.

• Like 1

Reading though this makes me miss my pets, unfortunately not in a position to look after them so they remain with my ex. Thankfully I still get to see them, but it's also not quite the same as having their little personalities around 24/7. 

• Like 1

Growing up I had a grey Cat, called Dusty, that I got for my 8th birthday, he was the most amazing Cat (don’t tell Coco) and was like a dog in so many ways, but still the arrogance of a Cat. He lived into his 20s and I was absolutely heartbroken when I had to say goodbye.

We also had a West Highland Terrier when I was a kid (Hugo) and my parents have another one now (Walter).

I would love a dog, especially now I can work from home so much more, but Coco wouldn’t allow it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hmm..I consider myself a dog person but have to admit the cats I have been allowed to associate with have been just as great companions...on their terms of course.

They all would come to me with great affection but with that aura of "I just happen to be passing this way..it's no big deal."

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Crikey, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Coco!!

image.thumb.png.2064e5820916b62075807cb251f699b8.png

Then you certainly don't want to be on the wrong side of our Pickle - the terror of the neighbourhood mice and robins, and hogger of my TV chair (hence the cushion). However, his days may be coming to an end, courtesy of Pawly, the intelligent cat door, available from next month onwards and, we hope, efficacious. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Beware the wrath of an offended  cat!

OK..have a few bear stories I know but a good few years back with a young Pedro,three legged Charlotte and Dylan the cat...apt opened straight from living room to yard with my old F250 truck parked by the door...about two one morning the dogs were going crazy at the door...full glass....at the biggest bear I have seen...on all fours was up to the top of my truck bonnet (hood!),,,next to the dogs the little cat was yowling and doing it's best to get through the glass at the bear!

Afternote...next morning my landlady asked me if I'd seen the bear...seems her boyfriend wanted to go out with an air rifle...I told her if he done that I would have shot him as it would have only pissed off the critter and we would have felt his ire!....letting the cat at it however......

And added....just realised I missed a cat of my list...Butch..... he was a biker cat,,,Dylan was more your smooth mafia hit man!

Edited by chara
  • Like 2
  • Love 1