Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Tottenham win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/24 at 17:30

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30 hours on Thursday, 2nd May 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Villa went well, so by form, this will horribly wrong.

Unless we have any miraculous recoveries before Tuesday, I think the team pick itself as we'll only actually have 11 first team players available plus Gilchrist and Casadei, because Silva didn't look comfortable coming off. Therefore it will be:

Petrovic

Chalobah - Disasi - Badiashile - Cucurella

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

This injury list is unbelievable and I am shocked it's not getting more media attention, we literally have 11 fit first team players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Unless we have any miraculous recoveries before Tuesday, I think the team pick itself as we'll only actually have 11 first team players available plus Gilchrist and Casadei, because Silva didn't look comfortable coming off. Therefore it will be:

Petrovic

Gallagher - Caicedo

Jackson

This injury list is unbelievable and I am shocked it's not getting more media attention, we literally have 11 fit first team players.

Something imo has been very, very wrong at Cobham for some time. All these injuries can’t be coincidences. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Something imo has been very, very wrong at Cobham for some time. All these injuries can’t be coincidences. 

Yep, completely agree. I do buy into the fact we have more injuries in the game nowadays due to the ridiculous demands being put on players, but this is an entirely different level and added to that, it's the nature of the injuries. Players come back and then injured again after minimal or sometimes no playing time, that just can't be right, not as often as it has been this season anyway.

What then winds me up, is that the club are sending them all off on a tour of the US following international tournaments for a lot of them in the summer. I bet we lose at least 1 or 2 players to long-term injuries during that tour.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Petrovic

Gallagher - Caicedo

Jackson

It is ok - the above team will totally crush Sp**s and hopefully end their hope for CL play next season 👍😁

If we had a coach this would be a nailed on win for the Blues. Unfortunately all we have is a cheerleading uncle, so it's an absolute lottery : on the one hand a one dimensional, naive Spurs manager against a do-your-own-thing-boys Chelsea hand-holder. The outcome is anyone's guess.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, completely agree. I do buy into the fact we have more injuries in the game nowadays due to the ridiculous demands being put on players, but this is an entirely different level and added to that, it's the nature of the injuries. Players come back and then injured again after minimal or sometimes no playing time, that just can't be right, not as often as it has been this season anyway.

What then winds me up, is that the club are sending them all off on a tour of the US following international tournaments for a lot of them in the summer. I bet we lose at least 1 or 2 players to long-term injuries during that tour.

They’re serious injuries too, as you allude to. I hate to say it but I think Reecey will be finished by the time he’s 25, and for that he can in large part thank the “medical department” at Cobham.
🚑 👀🙈😬 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Having a few Spuds sent off for wild challenges in today's NLD would help. 

Only if they’re 8-0 up at the time. Can’t stomach the thought of those utter ar*eholes in red winning anything let alone the PL.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Only if they’re 8-0 up at the time. Can’t stomach the thought of those utter ar*eholes in red winning anything let alone the PL.

Arsenal fans are even worse than Liverpool for arrogance.  Come on Citeh 🫠💯🍀

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Arsenal fans are even worse than Liverpool for arrogance.  Come on Citeh 🫠💯🍀

The last season they won something was in 2020.

The last season Sp**s won something was in 2008.

And for the record: the last time Geordies won something was when I started attending school. I am 62 now 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The last season they won something was in 2020.

The last season Sp**s won something was in 2008.

And for the record: the last time Geordies won something was when I started attending school. I am 62 now 😁

Well spurs just had a goal disallowed then Arsenal went up the other end to make it 2-0. All on Citeh now. 🇳🇴👀😬🙈🫠

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

17 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Thanks for sharing. I knew a physio whose friend was a physio at Cobham during the RA times and he said the staff, facilites and treatment, with an emphasis on prehab was elite. IMO it’s another example of Todd ‘n’ Eggy interfering and getting involved in something they know nothing about.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Thanks for sharing. I knew a physio whose friend was a physio at Cobham during the RA times and he said the staff, facilites and treatment, with an emphasis on prehab was elite. IMO it’s another example of Todd ‘n’ Eggy interfering and getting involved in something they know nothing about.

Good interview but unfortunately he sheds no light on why our injury situation has gone from being among the best to the very worst in Europe in the past three seasons. This problem pre-dates the takeover. Not defending Boehly and Eggy but it was clear there were big issues with the medical department under RA.

16 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Good interview but unfortunately he sheds no light on why our injury situation has gone from being among the best to the very worst in Europe in the past three seasons. This problem pre-dates the takeover. Not defending Boehly and Eggy but it was clear there were big issues with the medical department under RA.

Not like this. This is crazy. 🤪🚑👀 💀 

40 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

I'm glad that the new medical department, whose client base includes Katie Price, are in charge. That will explain why half the squad has been injured all season.

It doesn't really explain why they have failed to keep abreast of things though 😳

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, blueboy1905 said:

I'm glad that the new medical department, whose client base includes Katie Price, are in charge. That will explain why half the squad has been injured all season.

True but she doesn’t appear to have chronic knee and hamstring problems. 🤪💀🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, blueboy1905 said:

It does explain why they’ve all been out for so long, I don’t think you’re allowed to play contact sport for 6-9 months after getting implants.

• Haha 3