Non Chelsea Champions League 2022/23

JaneB

19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The point is why play to their arbitrary rules when they cannot even be bothered to enforce them? They managed OK banning us didn't they? 

I'm big on crime and punishment so never had a problem with the punishment dished out to us. Imho it was reasonable in relation to the offences and that's all I ever ask for. Having said that, I'm even bigger on every single person and group of people being treated fairly and equally  in the eyes of the law and that is something which is clearly not happening now both here and  in other countries.  Deep State is in full swing and what happens will be what they want to happen.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

We do have a choice!

We play hardball with him and tell him thar he will never play for us again and that it's up to him and his agent  to find another club and take whatever wages they offer. If he refuses and wants to throw away the last year's of his career, then so be it, we stick him in the reserves and let him rot.

Having this sulky, useless lump of lard hanging around  impressionable young players would be far worse in the long-term than us taking the financial hit now. 

I can't help thinking that trying him out now until January is sensible before making a final decision. 

If he can't score goals with our current set up and Poch then there's no coming back from that. 

We simply have to try him because we've already taken the hit on his fee and wages.

Him coming good is the only possible positive outcome. Everything else is a loss. 

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

I can't help thinking that trying him out now until January is sensible before making a final decision. 

If he can't score goals with our current set up and Poch then there's no coming back from that. 

We simply have to try him because we've already taken the hit on his fee and wages.

Him coming good is the only possible positive outcome. Everything else is a loss. 

I cannot see why we just don't ask Inter to cancel the original transfer and waive the rest of our payments seeing as they love him and he loves them so. Put the money where the mouth is. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It will take at least until then to get his weight under control. Then Christmas and it's back to square one.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

We do have a choice!

We play hardball with him and tell him thar he will never play for us again and that it's up to him and his agent  to find another club and take whatever wages they offer. If he refuses and wants to throw away the last year's of his career, then so be it, we stick him in the reserves and let him rot.

Having this sulky, useless lump of lard hanging around  impressionable young players would be far worse in the long-term than us taking the financial hit now. 

Pleased to see Lukaku has at least one fan on here!...Most of us are not as nice about him as boratsbrother!

Get rid...forget the financial hit...enough losses elsewhere with less justification (just)

Not sure what the "arrangement" is with his pay check but if there is a % paid by Chelsea then that has been a hit all season.

How does it go?..Once..shame on you..Twice ..shame on me ....Thrice?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

We do have a choice!

He’d be doing an interview every other week, dragging the club through the dirt.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He’d be doing an interview every other week, dragging the club through the dirt.

As long as he scores goals I don't care at this stage.  Our attacking woes have gotten that bad.  

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

As long as he scores goals I don't care at this stage.  Our attacking woes have gotten that bad.  

My feelings of course...but the definition of insanity is ?

"Someone" posted a very kind defence of Droy a while back, would welcome him back but aware that after a while would wearily wish him away!!..again a post I agreed with😁😁

Edited by chara

Not seen a mention but again don't see too much media coverage.

The Citeh goal was a terrific strike...absolute text book....the sort of opportunity Kova specifically and the Chelse players in general blaze waaay up in the stands.

Edited by chara
  • Agree 1