Non Chelsea Champions League 2022/23

JaneB

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Let's all hope Timo can produce some stunnig goals in Manchester tonight 🙂 🙂 

Indeed, I have a feeling the game will not be as straight forward as most might think, they gave them trouble in the 1st leg.

With regards to our potential opponents, AC Milan drew 1-1 at home with relegation battling Salernitana yesterday. 

Need the football gods to give us a path vs them and then Benfica VS /Inter/Porto Semi Final draw. 

COME ON FOOTBALLING GODS. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Indeed, I have a feeling the game will not be as straight forward as most might think, they gave them trouble in the 1st leg.

With regards to our potential opponents, AC Milan drew 1-1 at home with relegation battling Salernitana yesterday. 

Need the football gods to give us a path vs them and then Benfica VS /Inter/Porto Semi Final draw. 

This did not age well, sadly. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If it wasn't for my fellow Norwegian Haaland guy, Timo&co might have hade a chance....................but ...................

5 goals - he's raised on fresh fish and goat-cheese 🙂

7 hours ago, asvaberg said:

So who do we prefer to draw tomorrow? I'd say I least want ManC or Real Madrid - and I think our chances are best with  Benfica or either Milan teams.

image.png.c5ac0584b863bbbbcd270c7bf4ec8d5d.png

Hoping for Benfica followed by Inter or Milan (missed it last time with covid)  with City in the final. 

I think Napoli is the one to avoid. They are a proper team this year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, asvaberg said:

So who do we prefer to draw tomorrow? I'd say I least want ManC or Real Madrid - and I think our chances are best with  Benfica or either Milan teams.

Either Milan team for me is the ideal choice, followed by Benfica. 

We've rolled AC Milan already, so we know what they're about even if they'll have a few extra players back this time around should we draw them. Inter aren't a great side either, they also don't score a lot of goals themselves which probably works in our favour given our solid defensive record. Benfica is a bit of a dark horse, they've got some good quality about them and already netted 23 times in the competition while also having a really solid defensive record conceding just 8. 

Ideally avoid Napoli and the others. 

19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well, that's an awful draw... Rel Madrid and if we somehow beat them, we have the winners of Man City and Bayern!

The other side of the draw must be jumping up and down. I could see us getting past Madrid especially as we play the second game at home but I would agree it seems terribly unlikely we would get through to the final. Having said that if the squad hits form and we got the injured players back who knows. No-one will relish playing us that's for sure. Sincerely hope City trips up against Bayern as I couldn't stomach every pundit in the country jizzing over Pep should they finally win the trophy.

So no problem then, Real Madrid, Man City and then Napoli. Should be a breeze!!!!

Away leg first with Real maybe useful and of all the teams in CL I think we stand the best chance against City, we have seen in the prem against English teams its not as easy for them.

Long shot but why not! Lets just hope GP doesnt embarass himself or us anywhere along the line and we get an England v Italy final

• Like 1

Wow. The football gods aren’t exactly smiling down on us this season. Injuries, tough draws and unlucky results. 

If we somehow manage to beat Real we are faced with either City or Bayern. Over two legs there is no way we will go through to the final. 

I’m thinking this is the year City will win it. Either them or Bayern are my bets. 

35 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Wow. The football gods aren’t exactly smiling down on us this season. Injuries, tough draws and unlucky results. 

If we somehow manage to beat Real we are faced with either City or Bayern. Over two legs there is no way we will go through to the final. 

I’m thinking this is the year City will win it. Either them or Bayern are my bets. 

Yup.

Having to beat two superior teams over two legs to get to the final, is bordering on impossible.

In 2012 and 2021 we had to overcome one elite team in the knockouts, and one in the final(s). This time we have got to beat two elite teams over 2 legs, then the potential final will be as gentle as it could be for whoever gets there from our half. 

Edited by paulw66

Well, that looks a right stitch-up. 3 Italian sides in the same half of the draw……..mmmm. 

Bayern v Man City will be good to watch.

Over to you Mr Potter, if you can pull the rabbit out of the hat with this one - then I concede, you’re a genius.

• Like 1