Mason Mount

JaneB

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The most hurtful thing we could do when he comes back is ignore him 

No boos, nothing, like he never existed. 

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The most hurtful thing we could do when he comes back is ignore him 

No boos, nothing, like he never existed. 

You know he will probably get a free kick in the last few minutes from just outside the box. *A lot of players thrive on being booed loudly I think he might be one ignoring him and getting behind players that want to be here would be the best option 

*if he plays because as I have heard from a lot of supporters including Man United fans idle he only gets in the team because of his dad Frank Lampard 

Edited by hallgalley
  • Agree 1

Just now, McCreadie said:

I’m confused. Are the Mounts Portsmouth fans, Chelsea fans , or Utd fans this week?

Well apparently they're finally"home" so there's your answer. 

• Agree 1

Clearly they are "died in the wool" Cockney Reds, born and bred in the North West (of Portsmouth) and can be seen every other week near the telly at the Stretford Inn, telling stories about the time they met George Best in the boozer.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Clearly they are "died in the wool" Cockney Reds, born and bred in the North West (of Portsmouth) and can be seen every other week near the telly at the Stretford Inn, telling stories about the time they met George Best in the boozer.

Who didn't - at one time or another - meet George Best in the boozer?
A bit like not meeting Lemmy sat at a slot machine!
😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Who didn't - at one time or another - meet George Best in the boozer?
A bit like not meeting Lemmy sat at a slot machine!
😉

Actually I met both of them. George in a boozer in Chelsea and Lemmy at Dingwalls in Camden Lock. Both were really nice guys taking time to talk to me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Actually I met both of them. George in a boozer in Chelsea and Lemmy at Dingwalls in Camden Lock. Both were really nice guys taking time to talk to me.

Can't remember how many times I went to Dingwalls and didn't bump into Lemmy!  Second home for him.

Bestie..Chequers in Duke Street....just another customer who acknowledged a quiet word or two...regular at the time...after work quick pint for me.

Edited by chara

17 hours ago, JaneB said:

Well I was and have said so more than once on here.

Why is it laughable?  What's wrong with getting emotionally invested in some players and being bitterly disappointed when they turn out not to be who you thought they were?  If I can't do that then I might as well give up being a Chelsea supporter.

I commend you Jane.My emotions are tied up in more important things.I know that sounds a tad patronising, but whether Mount stays or goes will not occupy more than a fleeting  thought in my mind.

Edited by kev61

19 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

And @kev61, we won the league that year. Mourinho was sacked a fair bit later. I loved watching Mata and was gutted when he moved on, but what happened next for the club and Mata himself really clearly vindicates it as a decision.

Mata was a victim of Mourhino's ego.Nobody can tell me any different.

He subbed him twice in one game,  the ultimate humiliation for any player - but that is what Mourhino excelled  at.....the end.

• Like 1

We will never quite know what was said and what wasn't said behind closed doors but having heard what Mount has said I'm ok with him leaving, if a player isn't in the plans of a manager/club then they must do what's best for themselves; no matter what the connection with the club/fans is, those things are as much of a responsibility for the club as they are for the player and one can't do it without the other.

What I have noticed is the connection between those that left the club, we had a very tight nit group who supported each other and have continued to do so after leaving, it's rare for players to express so much sadness across platforms like social media when leaving a club; in particular when going to a rival but they've been quite brave in potentially rubbing up their new set of fans the wrong way by expressing such sadness at leaving.

Also if we are to trust MP and TB, then the moves they've done have only benefitted the club, what's the point in Mount being around if he isn't good enough to get on the pitch and would be taking up a vital squad position; so fair enough and good luck to him, and to the rest who have left or will leave.  None of them turned their backs or done anything wrong, they were seen as the wrong players to take the club forwards and they've left, that's far better than them sitting around on our wage bill while losing their value or leaving for free. They gave us a Champions League title when we looked to be failing as a club, if they hadn't won that I'm not so sure we would have the same pull in bringing ambitious young players to the club as we do now; respect to them and hope they all have great careers, just not when they play us ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gurj SS said:

We will never quite know what was said and what wasn't said behind closed doors but having heard what Mount has said I'm ok with him leaving, if a player isn't in the plans of a manager/club then they must do what's best for themselves; no matter what the connection with the club/fans is, those things are as much of a responsibility for the club as they are for the player and one can't do it without the other.

What I have noticed is the connection between those that left the club, we had a very tight nit group who supported each other and have continued to do so after leaving, it's rare for players to express so much sadness across platforms like social media when leaving a club; in particular when going to a rival but they've been quite brave in potentially rubbing up their new set of fans the wrong way by expressing such sadness at leaving.

Also if we are to trust MP and TB, then the moves they've done have only benefitted the club, what's the point in Mount being around if he isn't good enough to get on the pitch and would be taking up a vital squad position; so fair enough and good luck to him, and to the rest who have left or will leave.  None of them turned their backs or done anything wrong, they were seen as the wrong players to take the club forwards and they've left, that's far better than them sitting around on our wage bill while losing their value or leaving for free. They gave us a Champions League title when we looked to be failing as a club, if they hadn't won that I'm not so sure we would have the same pull in bringing ambitious young players to the club as we do now; respect to them and hope they all have great careers, just not when they play us 😉

A wise voice amongst all the media interference and side taking. Like many who came before they wore the shirt won the club trophies and will be well remembered. Perhaps they will go on to win at other clubs perhaps not. Assuming it is not at Chelsea's expense (or Spurs gain) I remain neutral to it. I prefer to concentrate on supporting those who currently wear the shirt.