Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

38 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Why would he? Awful city, terribly run club in possibly the worst position in its history!

Nicely put

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Cesare Casadei has joined Reading on loan until the end of the season.

Good move for him, he’s been brilliant in the U21s, so great chance for him to step up and see if he can do it in a senior league.

I do think he’ll be a genuine option for us sooner rather than later.

Good news.

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Fabrizio Romano has just tweeted saying that Arsenal are in for Jorginho!!

This transfer window seems to get crazier by the day…

Say, what?

…. Yeah definitely.  

Some money for him now and his wages off the books for six months is a no brainer when you take into account that 1) He could join any of our rivals in the summer and we’d be powerless to stop it anyway and 2) We wouldn’t sell unless we secure Enzo, and therefore we’ll have him, Kova, Mount, Chuk and RLC as definite options, with possibly Gallagher (if we don’t sell), Santos (if we are able to register), Kante and Zakaira to return in a month or so and even Lewis Hall or Charlie Webster if we really needed them.  

I'd rather keep Jorginho until summer. He offers a unique set of skills that I am yet to see others replicate (I realize i just explained unique in this context) and I'd rather we have him as an option. I still believe we can make a top four push. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why? We're not catching them either way. 

People don't like it, but the reality is that he is our best consistently available midfielder. We have no idea what condition Kante comes back in, no idea if Kovacic is going to last the season given he needs surgery, and I doubt I have to make much of an argument when it comes to Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Chuk. Fernández isn't here and may not sign, and even if he does he'll be in a new league and country. I think CL qualification is gone, but the club still need to be pushing for European qualification, and even the Europa League would offer more money than we'd get for a player with 5 months on their deal. I expect the rumour is nonsense, but it's not a deal we should be contemplating now imo. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, thevelourfog said:

People don't like it, but the reality is that he is our best consistently available midfielder. We have no idea what condition Kante comes back in, no idea if Kovacic is going to last the season given he needs surgery, and I doubt I have to make much of an argument when it comes to Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Chuk. Fernández isn't here and may not sign, and even if he does he'll be in a new league and country. I think CL qualification is gone, but the club still need to be pushing for European qualification, and even the Europa League would offer more money than we'd get for a player with 5 months on their deal. I expect the rumour is nonsense, but it's not a deal we should be contemplating now imo. 

So what you mean is, we shouldn't be selling Jorginho at this moment

The "to Arsenal" bit is irrelevant 

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Okay ... To me, it isn't. Because that's literally the rumoured deal. Next time I'll list all the other clubs I don't think we should sell him to.

Now I'm confused

Do you think we shouldn't  sell him to anyone or are you open to selling him, but to a preferable destination? 

Edited by paulw66

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Now I'm confused

Do you think we shouldn't  sell him to anyone or are you open to selling him, but to a preferable destination? 

I'm being a tad humourless, sorry. But I can't imagine you're genuinely confused. There is a rumour Arsenal want to buy Jorginho. I respond to this rumour by saying we shouldn't sell Jorginho to Arsenal, and then explain why. I don't especially care about Arsenal, much like I expect you don't. I just wouldn't be posting about selling Jorginho at all if not for the specific fact the rumour is it will be to Arsenal. 

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm being a tad humourless, sorry. But I can't imagine you're genuinely confused. There is a rumour Arsenal want to buy Jorginho. I respond to this rumour by saying we shouldn't sell Jorginho to Arsenal, and then explain why. I don't especially care about Arsenal, much like I expect you don't. I just wouldn't be posting about selling Jorginho at all if not for the specific fact the rumour is it will be to Arsenal. 

Your list of reasons for not selling Jorginho had no mention of why we shouldn't sell to them. That is what confused me. 

Bearing in mind he is leaving for nothing in six months, and we are sourcing replacements, I wouldn't object to him going. 

I would find it a bit galling waching him lift the PL wearing their kit, I won't lie. 

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Who remembers this interview? I remember thinking at the time, that this could mean a few new players in… I never quite expected what’s happened this month though.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/barnard-borussia-dortmund-will-face-a-very-different-chelsea-after-january-4435780

I remember that interview (though published elsewhere), but at the time thought 'OK maybe one or two signings, but a whole load of first choice players back from injury' I never expected a window quite like this. However, we need to temper our excitement given we can only register 3 new signings out of all the new boys we've brought in (who misses out from Mudryk, Felix, Fernandez - if we do sign him - and Badiashile, for example?).

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

I remember that interview (though published elsewhere), but at the time thought 'OK maybe one or two signings, but a whole load of first choice players back from injury' I never expected a window quite like this. However, we need to temper our excitement given we can only register 3 new signings out of all the new boys we've brought in (who misses out from Mudryk, Felix, Fernandez - if we do sign him - and Badiashile, for example?).

Do we need to register Badiashile? Isn’t he young enough not to be registered or at least be registered as part of the ‘b list’ or whatever it is?

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Do we need to register Badiashile? Isn’t he young enough not to be registered or at least be registered as part of the ‘b list’ or whatever it is?

I think B list players need to have been at the club a certain amount of time. As a new signing he doesn't qualify.

I may be wrong, of course.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

I think B list players need to have been at the club a certain amount of time. As a new signing he doesn't qualify.

I may be wrong, of course.

Ah yeah, you may be right actually, that does sound familiar. I honestly can’t keep up/remember all the rules for registering players for Europe.

If someone does have to miss out, that’s a tough call, but probably would be Badiashile.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ah yeah, you may be right actually, that does sound familiar. I honestly can’t keep up/remember all the rules for registering players for Europe.

If someone does have to miss out, that’s a tough call, but probably would be Badiashile.

Yes... Koulibaly can probably be relied upon in CL games where the tempo/style is more to his liking than the hurly-burly of the PL

• Like 1