TV and Films

JaneB

Boat Story was pretty good a month or two ago, though not quite superb.
Half way through the most recent Fargo.  Loved first 3 series especially series 1.  Hated series 4.  Still deciding on this, but not bad.

My daughter reccommended Dead Pixels.  I reccommended it to my other daughter.  I don't reccommend anyone to watch it with their daughter (and I didn't).  Comedy about a group playing an MMORPG online game with depressing real lives.

29 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Binge watched all 6 series of Peaky Blinders this week, it’s been emotional.

One series a week would be too much.  I mourned for the Irish girl, Grace, after series 3 for the next two series.  Couldn't watch that many episodes in a year.  (Well maybe the last series, but that wasn't as good).

3 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Boat Story was pretty good a month or two ago, though not quite superb.
Half way through the most recent Fargo.  Loved first 3 series especially series 1.  Hated series 4.  Still deciding on this, but not bad.

My daughter reccommended Dead Pixels.  I reccommended it to my other daughter.  I don't reccommend anyone to watch it with their daughter (and I didn't).  Comedy about a group playing an MMORPG online game with depressing real lives.

One series a week would be too much.  I mourned for the Irish girl, Grace, after series 3 for the next two series.  Couldn't watch that many episodes in a year.  (Well maybe the last series, but that wasn't as good).

I enjoyed Boat Story, quirky and good fun

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Binge watched all 6 series of Peaky Blinders this week, it’s been emotional.

It became a serious of interlinked music videos for the last couple of series.

Style over content. 

14 hours ago, Ham said:

Just discovered that a one off feature length episode was released for Christmas 2022.  That's my evening sorted. 

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a slow burn but builds to a truly beautiful end, stay with it. 

I watched two episodes on Gold last night and enjoyed!!!  My sense of humour.

Not sure if you're referring to what Ham is referring to Mark?!!!

21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

No I think he's referring to the whole thing, not the Christmas special. 

It gets better and better as you learn about all of the characters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JaneB said:

No, the series, you need to be invested in the fates of the characters and when you are boy does it hit. 

Mackenzie Crook is a genius even his remake of Worzel Gummidge was brilliant. 

• Thanks 1

Prompted by the recent posts we binged on the Ist series last night...be the third time of watching and it still warmed, brought smiles and felt fresh with the added bonus of being able to see more in the characters being familar already..Becky in particular we appreciated far more than first time through..."Feeling Groovy" indeed! and the mad farmer....another more appreciated!

On to series two tonight................

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Prompted by the recent posts we binged on the Ist series last night...be the third time of watching and it still warmed, brought smiles and felt fresh with the added bonus of being able to see more in the characters being familar already..Becky in particular we appreciated far more than first time through..."Feeling Groovy" indeed! and the mad farmer....another more appreciated!

On to series two tonight................

The mad farmer was just brilliant. 

The facial expressions on Terry's wife throughout too.  An underrated character.  

Interesting too that mother and daughter played mother and daughter. 

She's the spitting image of a young Diana Rigg.  

On 11/01/2024 at 00:12, chara said:

Goodness Ham...if I had known would have given you a heads up...marvelous series...we have binge watched for the second time....plus a Christmas special not to be missed. All magical.

Just finished "Fool Me Once"....enjoyed it especially breaking down the unlikely scenarios but great acting and worth the switch off of logic!

Reminds why I stopped reading the writer's books a long time ago...enjoyed the first one or two and then realised I was reading the same story over and over again..especially the surprise twist at the end when it seemed the only once mentioned fisherman (for invented example) mentioned at the end of chapter two was invariably the master mind behind every twist and turn!

"Shetland" finished here leaving Wednesday blank..."Reacher" Thursday and a surprisingly..to me ..enjoyable "Only Murders In The Building" three episode 1st series binge on Tuesday.

''Fool me once" is a classic example of viewers watching because Michelle Keegan and Johanna lumley were in it.

It made no sense and was an insult to people that know the 11 times table.

Dramas are coming out of our ears with nonsensical  plots.Give me Jimmy McGovern and Alan Bleasdale all day long.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

''Fool me once" is a classic example of viewers watching because Michelle Keegan and Johanna lumley were in it.

It made no sense and was an insult to people that know the 11 times table.

Dramas are coming out of our ears with nonsensical  plots.Give me Jimmy McGovern and Alan Bleasdale all day long.

As I said kev....enjoyable but still a cartoon!

• 4 weeks later...

That's TV (UK) are currently running a show called Are You Being Served? Again! As you might have guessed it's a follow up to the fondly remenbered (by some) of the original hit show from the 1970's show.

It really does need to be seen to see quite how astonishingly bad it is. One of those shows or films which is so cringeworhhy you feel for the actors being involved in such tripe.  Without doubt one of the very, very worst shows ever made! 

Btw. Another one of those shows which comes with a trigger warning . The only warnings should be about an episode wasting half an hour of your life.