R.I.P. Tributes (non-Chelsea related)

JaneB

• JaneB changed the title to R.I.P. Tributes (non-Chelsea related)
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

Rather belated, 1990 Germany World Cup winning left back Andreas Brehme has passed away.  RIP.  A fantastic left back indeed.

And he was only 63.  Very sad news.

• 3 months later...

Such sad news, really sad to see Kevin Campbell has passed away and at such a young age. A Premier League stalwart and seemed like a genuinely good guy from what I saw of him doing media work after his time on the pitch.

The Sarkic news is absolutely tragic and heartbreaking, that is far too young for someone to lose their life, with so so much of it ahead of him.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 20/06/2024 at 23:22, Michael Tucker said:

R.I,P,  The great Donald Sutherland. a screen and tv legend. Goodbye Hawkeye.

Absolutely the GREAT Donald Sutherland. He was a tremendously charismatic on-screen presence and a truly versatile performer; one of my absolute favourites. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

R.I.P. The great Bob Newhart. Comedy genius.

Quite.  Used to listen to his recordings in my teenage years in the 80s. 

Well ahead of his time.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

RIP John Mayall, Godfather of British Blues

th-1609719341.jpg

I grew up listening to John and his band(s). Superb  musician and a true Brtish blues legend. Had most of his albums at one time or th other, from Blues Alone onwards.  R.I.P.

Guest Alex
On 25/07/2024 at 11:28, Mark Kelly said:

What a conduit for incredible musicians that man was , practically discovered "everyone"  worth being discovered .

RIP John 

Yeah fair enough, perhaps you've redeemed yourself slightly from mentioning Jimmy Buffet earlier in this thread. 

Jimmy Buffet was a nice man, made a fortune with his restaurants and resorts. He also wrote a few decent songs, but his hit-to-miss ratio was exponentially worse than Timo Werner's. Maybe you should judge an artist on his best work not his worst, but boy was his oeuvre full of stinkers.

Edited by Alex

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah fair enough, perhaps you've redeemed yourself slightly from mentioning Jimmy Buffet earlier in this thread. 

Jimmy Buffet was a nice man, made a fortune with his restaurants and resorts. He also wrote a few decent songs, but his hit-to-miss ratio was exponentially worse than Timo Werner's. Maybe you should judge an artist on his best work not his worst, but boy was his oeuvre full of stinkers.

It gets worse, it was Chara who's the big Buffet fan. I'm a heavy metal / punk officianado tbh.