Chelsea 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 2

JaneB

28 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Three games three defeats and he might start regretting his decision to help. If we were to lose every game until the end of the season, he would still be completely blameless and deserving of our gratitude IMO.

Agreed. The most important thing is that mediocre man has been consigned to history - the worst ever manager of a club which has traditionally been the home of terrible managers (as well as a couple of good ones 😉).

Frank's legacy will not suffer this season, regardless of the put ome of the next 8 games; the damage has been done by the previous regime, which has demolished the fibre and morale of what should be an effective and talented squad.

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

With the slim chance we can get a result against Madrid I expect a weak team(what else is new)to start.

Seeing as I can't play golf at the moment I having a choice of going shopping with my wife or watching the game...no question - I'm going shopping not.

I'd rather watch loose women.

Both loose and tight women are more interesting than this bunch of bladder kickers.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

433 with Sterling up front, so definitely no goals for us today.

It’s got to the stage where I expect us to drop points in some way shape or form in every game tbh 😏

Disappointed not to see Mount, but glad to see Badiashille, Mudryk and Zakaria if nothing else.  The latter should allow Enzo to push further forward. 

Absolute appalling line up. Might as well kept team GP.

FFS - season defining match on wednesday why the is frank not putting out the side to play Madrid.  Continuity is something foreign to both GP and SFL.  The more you exam what has happed over the past eight month the more it would seem there is far too much influence from above. 

Just now, Rob B said:

It’s got to the stage where I expect us to drop points in some way shape or form in every game tbh 😏

Disappointed not to see Mount, but glad to see Badiashille, Mudryk and Zakaria if nothing else.  The latter should allow Enzo to push further forward. 

I'm hoping it's one of two things... either he's being saved for Tuesday or he's not yet 100% fit and is being eased back off the bench (or a bit of both, perhaps.... 20-30 mins today followed by starting v RM?)

Hope it's not a case of sticking him on the bench, then like on 'Bullseye' telling him "this is what you could have won (if you'd signed your contract)"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Seeing as I can't imagine where a goal is coming from and that the opposition has something to play for I guess this will be another loss and accordingly the support will begin to turn on Frank.

Well that lineup doesn't improve my mood. Surely to god he's not trying 4-3-3 again with Trevor at fullback? Or even worse three at the back with Pulisic at wing back? FFS Azpilicueta is fit enough to be on the bench even him playing in a wheelchair on the right would be better than this.

What does Frank think he's doing? Or are things literally as bad as this in the squad that this is the best he can come up with? At this rate this is going to take years for a permanent coach to sort out and by that time all these "hot young prospects" we've bought will be due for retirement.

15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm hoping it's one of two things... either he's being saved for Tuesday or he's not yet 100% fit and is being eased back off the bench (or a bit of both, perhaps.... 20-30 mins today followed by starting v RM?)

Hope it's not a case of sticking him on the bench, then like on 'Bullseye' telling him "this is what you could have won (if you'd signed your contract)"

With our season it would definitely by the speedboat!

17 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolute appalling line up. Might as well kept team GP.

FFS - season defining match on wednesday why the is frank not putting out the side to play Madrid.  Continuity is something foreign to both GP and SFL.  The more you exam what has happed over the past eight month the more it would seem there is far too much influence from above. 

The way James is playing I think he's carrying an injury still, possibly Mount too which is why they're being rested. 

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

While we stuck through thin and thinner with Potter, Villa brought in Unai Emery who has taken them from 16th to 6th

Mind you can you imagine this place If we'd given Emery the job. 

I know I wouldn't have been impressed 😉

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

While we stuck through thin and thinner with Potter, Villa brought in Unai Emery who has taken them from 16th to 6th

At a bargain price of £2m compensation for his services 

24 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Once RM is done and dusted there will be zero need to rotate or save players. I wonder what the excuse will be at that  point. Stop protecting these players Frank, play them and let them stand or fall based on their own mettle. I've never been so disillusioned and disgusted with the players at our club. Even when we were in Div 2 the players tried their best though their excuse was that by and large they were crap. These players will wave their Rolexes, point at their Ferrarris and trophy wives and have you believe they are all internationals.