Chelsea 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 2

JaneB

I wonder if the embarrassment factor of having this lot do the double over us will have a galvanising effect on any of the players?

I'm sure they're all going to work hard and ensure they turn this slump around as the Fifth stand app keeps telling me so .

Best we can hope for is 0-0 because we sure as eggs is eggs ain't scoring.

Rest who needs resting, but I just hope we go back to basics and try and work out how to score again. On the same note, banish anyone who is positionally ambiguous from the lineup.

If fit:

Kepa

Chalobah Fofana Badiashile Chilwell

Chukwuemeka Zakaria Mount

Madueke Aubameyang Mudryk

With the slim chance we can get a result against Madrid I expect a weak team(what else is new)to start.

Seeing as I can't play golf at the moment I having a choice of going shopping with my wife or watching the game...no question - I'm going shopping not.

I'd rather watch loose women.

3 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

Rest who needs resting, but I just hope we go back to basics and try and work out how to score again. On the same note, banish anyone who is positionally ambiguous from the lineup.

If fit:

Kepa

Chalobah Fofana Badiashile Chilwell

Chukwuemeka Zakaria Mount

Madueke Aubameyang Mudryk

Glad you included Chabolah there.Why he has fallen so much in the pecking order I have no idea.

It has to be this "system" that we are struggling to achieve.Maybe Chabolah is ok and the system is nonsense.

Is it possible Chabolah could do a better job than Cucurella  in the same position?

Chabolah is quick tall and has a less ridiculous hairstyle for a start.

30 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Glad you included Chabolah there.Why he has fallen so much in the pecking order I have no idea.

It has to be this "system" that we are struggling to achieve.Maybe Chabolah is ok and the system is nonsense.

Is it possible Chabolah could do a better job than Cucurella  in the same position?

Like the lad but I think he is good solid mid table EPL standard not quite automatic top 4/6 selection.(But then again where are Chelsea just now?)

7 minutes ago, chara said:

Like the lad but I think he is good solid mid table EPL standard not quite automatic top 4/6 selection.(But then again where are Chelsea just now?)

But the whole team is a mid table team at the moment.

It's how we improve the team incrementally now, money spent.The vast majority here think Cucurella is not good enough so he is one we should try to replace within immediately.

52 minutes ago, kev61 said:

There were some rumours a little while back about Chalobah possibly being the one leaking information, which included the Southampton line up back in February. 

Not sure if any of that has played a part of his run on the sidelines.

As for replacing him Cucurella, Chalobah isn't a left sided player so I dare say that's why it hasn't happened.

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

There were some rumours a little while back about Chalobah possibly being the one leaking information, which included the Southampton line up back in February. 

Not sure if any of that has played a part of his run on the sidelines.

As for replacing him Cucurella, Chalobah isn't a left sided player so I dare say that's why it hasn't happened.

Looks like I got the wrong spelling of Chalobah.So Chalobah is someone else's "man in Havana"?

How ridiculous!.Does anyone think a leaked lineup would make a happeth of a difference?

Azpi is not a left sided player but he was played so by our best ever manager (according to some folk).

5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Looks like I got the wrong spelling of Chalobah.So Chalobah is someone else's "man in Havana"?

How ridiculous!.Does anyone think a leaked lineup would make a haporth of a difference?

Azpi is not a left sided player but he was played so by our best ever manager (according to some folk).

Just now, kev61 said:

How ridiculous!.Does anyone think a leaked lineup would make a happeth of a difference?

When a line-up leaks a full day before a match, which then proves to be 100% accurate, in a game we then go on to lose, it's certainly not something any club is going to want to be endorsing that's for sure. There was also screenshots of private messages and things floating about, so the odds are high that  some form of punishment was had behind closed doors. 

I never said Chalobah couldn't play on the left, just provided reasoning as to why he may not be considered. If anything he probably should've had a spell in midfield this season as a defensive mid. 

9 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

When a line-up leaks a full day before a match, which then proves to be 100% accurate, in a game we then go on to lose, it's certainly not something any club is going to want to be endorsing that's for sure. There was also screenshots of private messages and things floating about, so the odds are high that  some form of punishment was had behind closed doors. 

Well. I'll have a few quid on the grand national.Should I  consult Chalbolah?.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

With the slim chance we can get a result against Madrid I expect a weak team(what else is new)to start.

Seeing as I can't play golf at the moment I having a choice of going shopping with my wife or watching the game...no question - I'm going shopping not.

I'd rather watch loose women.

My missus is running a gardening competition in the village today, and with a totally knackered wrist golf is off the agenda for me for months yet, so it’s down to Stamford Bridge I go. Really not expecting a lot, and wondering whether one of my ancestors was Mr Sacher-Masoch, but being an eternal optimist … at least I can drop by my daughter’s for tea and sympathy after.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Seeing as I can't imagine where a goal is coming from and that the opposition has something to play for I guess this will be another loss and accordingly the support will begin to turn on Frank.

Three games three defeats and he might start regretting his decision to help. If we were to lose every game until the end of the season, he would still be completely blameless and deserving of our gratitude IMO.

10 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Three games three defeats and he might start regretting his decision to help. If we were to lose every game until the end of the season, he would still be completely blameless and deserving of our gratitude IMO.

I am quite convinced this will be the case, the club has devolved rapidly. Wrong players bought (not just this regime) wrong staff appointed (we've not looked fit for a good while now), wrong coach, too interested in the holistic approach when they need the regimental one. 

I'm glad Frank is back but wish he hadn't answered the call. 

It's an absolute abomination.