Update to Terms and Policies

On 26/06/2023 at 17:27, Proud-Blue said:

Thank you for doing this @JaneB and @My Blood Is Blue and everyone else involved.

I appreciate the mention of 'hateful' content.  It has been extremely depressing to read posts over the last few days that are openly discriminatory or at least very close to it. I've seen you and other mods try to shut this down however and I appreciate it.

I have been very, very close to replying to these comments. It's been very hard to resist at times, especially as someone involved in EDI in football and Chelsea specifically. But out of respect for what you're doing, I'll trust you and the team to handle it.

Anyway, it's Pride in London next week and I cannot wait to share with you what we've arranged with the club. It's going to be absolutely spectacular. 😂

I know the ones you mean and I'm sorry I didn't challenge them. It just didn't feel worth the effort based on how that has been received in the past, and that's a pretty terrible way of me thinking about it in that moment because it's easy for me to decide to ignore and move on than it would be for someone else more directly affected by those posts. I'll risk the mods wrath next time. 

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Anyone like to expand on the posts that were openly offensive and discriminatory

No, not really. They've been dealt with.

8 hours ago, Ham said:

or are we just shutting down all other opinions?

No mate, you know better than that - or at least you should know better than that!

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

No, not really. They've been dealt with.

No mate, you know better than that - or at least you should know better than that!

Have they been dealt with? 

If so, how and why?

What was offensive and discriminatory and who gets to decide what that is? 

If it's posts I've made recently then I 100% refute that they were and resent the fact that my opinion has been deemed offensive or discriminatory. 

Proud and TVF are alluding to something.  What is it?

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

Have they been dealt with? 

Yes, they have. As I've already said. 

If so, how and why?

To put it bluntly - none of your business.

What was offensive and discriminatory and who gets to decide what that is? 

The moderators and administrators decide - just like they always have done.

Proud and TVF are alluding to something.  What is it?

No idea. Maybe you can tell me and the other mods/admin.

Typically informative and useful response Michael. 

If you don't know what they're alluding to, how do you know what had to be dealt with?

Edited by Ham

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe we should have the clown emoji 🤡for use when people reference politics to remind people to keep it light.

Agree in spirit Sciatika.... I know you would use it properly but I'm afraid it would used as an insult eventually,

• Agree 2