Chelsea 3 Luton Town 0

JaneB

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

He was the best of an extremely bad bunch, which is nothing to shout about and certainly not worth the huge wages he was being paid.

Pleased to say he's a completely different player so far this season and long may it continue.

Enzo was the best of a bad bunch. By a mile. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

And Kepa IMO. One of the few who looked like they gave a toss about the club. Genuinely think he's a better choice and step up from Sanchez... Who looks like he's a calamity waiting to happen.

Hopefully this Petrovic guy is decent. Gusto, Casadei, Angelo and Madueke all look promising so hopefully he has similar potential.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Pleased to say he's a completely different player so far this season and long may it continue.

One bad game from sterling and the usual assassins will raise their heads above the parapet 

On 26/08/2023 at 10:03, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Judge him on what? Output on the football field. 
We saw that output and it wasn’t a lot was it?

Well I guess one man's Mozart is another man's Les Dawson(I exaggerate of course).Felix played for us when we were all at sea,I honestly think he would be a good fit with the squad we have now.

Seems Liverpool are interested...Ha! time to swoop in again and snatch him from under their noses?

On 27/08/2023 at 00:26, Ham said:

He is certainly better than Jorginho.Is he a game changer? not so far.

It wasn't that long ago we only had Chilwell and James that were considered top players,and even they had their critics.

We have added Jackson,Nkunku,Gusto and Maatsen that I am SURE will thrive in the premiership.

Add to that, a top of their game Sterling and improvements from Enzo - and Caicedo living up to all the hype and expectations - we are in a much better position from last year - but it's the least we should expect given money spent.

I should have mentioned Chabolah.He is underrated and under played - a waste and a mistake if we sell him imo.

16 hours ago, ROTG said:

One bad game from sterling and the usual assassins will raise their heads above the parapet 

I'm one of life's biggest cynics,but there has to be something you are optimistic about?

I imagine you look at the weather forecast and think - 'there is no point in going out because they always get it wrong'

Don't get me wrong,I like your realism/moaning otherwise I would feel very isolated😄

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

I imagine you look at the weather forecast and think - 'there is no point in going out because they always get it wrong'

Kev, How Bizarre,

I am currently in a place where it never rains in August, except for today where it is raining cats and dogs.

On the positive side the rain will keep the forest fires at bay for a while 😀

16 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I am currently in a place where it never rains in August, except for today where it is raining cats and dogs.

A man of mystery.There are several places that is doesn't rain in August.Could you narrow it down to a continent?.

21 hours ago, ROTG said:

But it’s all about perspective. Sterling has probably no more than 5 games in a Chelsea shirt where he looked remotely like a £50m player, never mind a 325k/week player. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

But it’s all about perspective. Sterling has probably no more than 5 games in a Chelsea shirt where he looked remotely like a £50m player, never mind a 325k/week player. 

Of course it is. It's also about agenda's.......ROTG common gripe is about the new owners not paying top dollar on wages and signing Brighton level players in hope they prove their worth. What better way to really push that agenda ,by highlighting our highest paid player off the back of him having a really good start to the season!

We all hope Sterling can keep this form going, but those with no agenda on this front are also aware that he has had about 5-10 strong games out of about 50 so far. I'm sure even Raheem would agree with that. 

13 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Of course it is. It's also about agenda's.......ROTG common gripe is about the new owners not paying top dollar on wages and signing Brighton level players in hope they prove their worth. What better way to really push that agenda ,by highlighting our highest paid player off the back of him having a really good start to the season!

We all hope Sterling can keep this form going, but those with no agenda on this front are also aware that he has had about 5-10 strong games out of about 50 so far. I'm sure even Raheem would agree with that. 

Oh he does agree with that. He seems like a very grounded lad, knowing full well that his performances last season was well below what both he and us would expect. Granted, Potters handling of him was comical. I mean how daft are you thinking that Sterling would be suitable for a wingback role? 

If Sterling can keep these performances up no one will be happier than me. I have also drafted him into my fantasy team! So he better keep this up! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

could not give a dam about agenda's etc, Sterling was the top scorer in a p1ss poor team last season, and will probably be the same again this season.

Oops - i forgot everything was built around Nkunku, so lets not expect any of the new kids on the block to get into double figures this season.

27 minutes ago, ROTG said:

could not give a dam about agenda's etc, Sterling was the top scorer in a p1ss poor team last season, and will probably be the same again this season.

Oops - i forgot everything was built around Nkunku, so lets not expect any of the new kids on the block to get into double figures this season.

I hope you are right . If Sterling is going to get 15-20 goals across the season and be top scorer then happy days. 

5 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

I hope you are right . If Sterling is going to get 15-20 goals across the season and be top scorer then happy days. 

Think having Jackson as a constant tricky strong concern for defences will help Raheem immensely. Plus better direction from the coach.....still think he "lacks"..and always has...decision making skills if he has to think something through...both goals last week were instinctive efforts and no chance to overthink!...I wish him well but reserve the right to criticise or praise any player without being accused of having an agenda !

Oh,,and...there was a wonderful very slight shoulder drop by Raheem that killed the oppo defender in the middle of the "mazy" run,,pure magic....I'm sure most of you caught that..if not..watch again...

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

We made some progress with this game, my only concern is we look very individual in our play, like someone will do a piece of skill and pass the ball off and then it's their turn and then someone else's. I'd like us to be more brave and try the type of stuff I can only see Enzo trying at the moment, which is creative and forward thinking in his passing, looking for small gaps; it doesn't always come off but it really  splits a team wide open when it does.