Official: Chelsea sign Romeo Lavia on 7 Year Contract

JaneB

• 5 months later...

Bumped into someone at work I've not seen in a long time.

He's had a season ticket at Southampton forever and seriously knows his football. He claims Lavia is the best young player he has ever seen, because he is so unique. Said he is like Michael Essien, with the technique of Zidane. 

Completely pointless, irrelevant  information to anyone on here but I trust  this man's views on anything football related more than anyone, anywhere. Appreciate nobody else will care but got me a little excited so I've watched a load of YouTube videos. I've just posted one of Cole Palmer in his thread as came across it as I was looking.

This place at times can be like everyone's looking through their own crystal balls, trying to predict the future. A lot of one-upmanship goes on. And a lot of smugness when people get it right. I'm as guilty as anyone. In fact, I'll do it right now. I told you all about Cole Palmer. When everyone was moaning about us selling Lewis Hall, one of our own, and buying one of City's rejects, I told you. And I was right 😊

I can't do it with Lavia but i dont need to as my man has and thatsbeven better however I was a huge advocate for us signing Caicedo, possibly going as far as saying I'd sign him above anyone else last summer. Literally anyone. Jury is still out for some but I know I got that one right(smug nob I knw)

I've also said I think Fofana is potentially the best centre back in the world, if he's not actually broken. I stand by that. 

Nkunku,  Sterling, Reece James, Ben Chilwell. All world class, albeit two of them have their issues. Enzo, another one I have made my views perfectly clear on. Although he divides opinion,  which I find baffling, I know I'm right (joking) (sort of) (not at all) (😂).

My point being if those of us that rate some of our players are right maybe there's room for a bit more positivity around the whole club and this is coming from someone who has had zero optimism since about 6 games into the season.

I'm gonna stick my neck on the line because I trust my own judgement and the fella at work is, just different when it comes to his knowledge of the game, and say if, and it's a BIG IF, we get it right in the next couple of windows we will win the league in three years, 2027/28 season, once we get a proper manager and this is why, along with Klopp and Pep no longer beinv around.........

Petrovic 

James Fofana Colwill Chilwell

Enzo Lavia Caicedo

Palmer Osimhen Nkunku

Sanchez, Gusto, Disasi, Badiashille,  Cucurella,  Ugochukwu, Connor, Madueke, Sterling, Mudryk, Jackson Chukwuemeka.

That's a squad of 23 with just one signing. No doubt we will see more comings and goings but we are close to having a squad that will win the league and I will come back and say I told you so .

Please take this post as it is intended. A little tongue in cheek and just trying to bring some, much needed, positivity to this place.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

He's had a season ticket at Southampton forever and seriously knows his football. He claims Lavia is the best young player he has ever seen, because he is so unique. Said he is like Michael Essien, with the technique of Zidane. 

Completely pointless, irrelevant  information to anyone on here but I trust  this man's views on anything football related more than anyone, anywhere. Appreciate nobody else will care but got me a little excited so I've watched a load of YouTube videos. I've just posted one of Cole Palmer in his thread as came across it as I was looking.

This place at times can be like everyone's looking through their own crystal balls, trying to predict the future. A lot of one-upmanship goes on. And a lot of smugness when people get it right. I'm as guilty as anyone. In fact, I'll do it right now. I told you all about Cole Palmer. When everyone was moaning about us selling Lewis Hall, one of our own, and buying one of City's rejects, I told you. And I was right 😊

I can't do it with Lavia but i dont need to as my man has and thatsbeven better however I was a huge advocate for us signing Caicedo, possibly going as far as saying I'd sign him above anyone else last summer. Literally anyone. Jury is still out for some but I know I got that one right(smug nob I knw)

I've also said I think Fofana is potentially the best centre back in the world, if he's not actually broken. I stand by that. 

Nkunku,  Sterling, Reece James, Ben Chilwell. All world class, albeit two of them have their issues. Enzo, another one I have made my views perfectly clear on. Although he divides opinion,  which I find baffling, I know I'm right (joking) (sort of) (not at all) (😂).

My point being if those of us that rate some of our players are right maybe there's room for a bit more positivity around the whole club and this is coming from someone who has had zero optimism since about 6 games into the season.

I'm gonna stick my neck on the line because I trust my own judgement and the fella at work is, just different when it comes to his knowledge of the game, and say if, and it's a BIG IF, we get it right in the next couple of windows we will win the league in three years, 2027/28 season, once we get a proper manager and this is why, along with Klopp and Pep no longer beinv around.........

Petrovic 

James Fofana Colwill Chilwell

Enzo Lavia Caicedo

Palmer Osimhen Nkunku

Sanchez, Gusto, Disasi, Badiashille,  Cucurella,  Ugochukwu, Connor, Madueke, Sterling, Mudryk, Jackson Chukwuemeka.

That's a squad of 23 with just one signing. No doubt we will see more comings and goings but we are close to having a squad that will win the league and I will come back and say I told you so .

Please take this post as it is intended. A little tongue in cheek and just trying to bring some, much needed, positivity to this place.

I've been saying this for a while.  I think our potential is off the scale good. 

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

I know a few at Southampton and they all say Lavia was one of the best they’d seen in a while at Southampton. They also commented on his injury record whilst there and that’s probably going to be the conundrum- can we get his fit, and then can he stay fit to show this talent.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I've been saying this for a while.  I think our potential is off the scale good. 

Have also echoed the same sentiments. 

Just a matter of getting everyone on the park, a few continuing to develop, and then adding the pieces we need as we go. 

Won't happen overnight but I do believe we're in good stead. 

36 minutes ago, east lower said:

I know a few at Southampton and they all say Lavia was one of the best they’d seen in a while at Southampton. They also commented on his injury record whilst there and that’s probably going to be the conundrum- can we get his fit, and then can he stay fit to show this talent.

I made this point a few days ago, but addressing our injury / medical team ‘issues’ from the last few years has got to be one of the biggest priorities this summer.  

In fact, if we only signed a decent striker and no one else,  but we achieved the above, that alone is probably worth 10-15 points a season improvement. 

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

I made this point a few days ago, but addressing our injury / medical team ‘issues’ from the last few years has got to be one of the biggest priorities this summer.  

In fact, if we only signed a decent striker and no one else,  but we achieved the above, that alone is probably worth 10-15 points a season improvement. 

I think that if the coach lets off the leash and could make effective substitutions (and we convert one or two of the chances we have) we turn at least the Forest, Brentford and Villa losses into at least draws, maybe wins and beat Arsenal. Stick 6-8 points on our current total and we’re thereabouts.

13 hours ago, east lower said:

I think there's a reason he was at City, then moved for first team PL football at 18 and a year later was being courted by the bigger clubs in the country despite Southampton getting relegated. 

I wonder if the move to first-team PL in a struggling side has done his body some harm? We saw with Mikel that his body shape had to basically shift a fair bit when he came into the team at a similar age with a not too different size & stature.  

Lavia i'm excited about.  I wanted him most of all last summer.  I think there are very good things coming when he gets fit and comes into the team (not least having a big physical DM and allowing Caicedo off the leash as a result) 

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

Totally agree. 

17 hours ago, martin1905 said:

So what does he say about Broja?