Bournemouth 0 Chelsea 0

JaneB

45 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Just because you’re playing in the two central positions doesn’t mean you have to hold though.  One player (Caicedo) plays the 4 / 6 position, and the other can play 6/8 depending on their profile.  

With 3 defenders who don’t get forward (Disasi, Silva and Colwill) plus Chilwell at left wing, and Caicedo,  there’s no reason why Enzo couldn’t play in the pivot with a license to get forward.  The benefit of this is that he gets on the ball deeper which gives him more time and space, but can still arrive late in the box. 

Martin1905 posted exactly the team I’d play..

Normally I would agree but I was really only responding to the side WDB offered up .

That said the slow motion car crash that has been Caicedos introduction as a Chelsea player would suggest to allow him to hold on his own would be risky at this moment in time. He puts on that shirt and instantly forgets how to play football .

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Normally I would agree but I was really only responding to the side WDB offered up .

That said the slow motion car crash that has been Caicedos introduction as a Chelsea player would suggest to allow him to hold on his own would be risky at this moment in time. He puts on that shirt and instantly forgets how to play football .

This and injuries. 

Has someone checked the water at Cobram? 

8 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

OK, so what would you do kev?

I would try and play the same team that played so well in pre-season.we don't have Nkunku  or James but gusto is easily a good replacement for james.

What has Mattsen done to deserve being benched?.

Edited by kev61
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I would try and play the same team that played so well in pre-season.we don't have Nkunku  or James but gusto is easily a good replacement for james.

What has Mattsen done to deserve being benched?.

What backing does Poch have?.We see the Arabs leaving it to people that understand football whilst providing the money.

We have owners that provide the money but don't understand football, yet think they know best.

I think Enzo is better used deeper as he is much better at receiving the ball from the defence and getting the ball forward effectively. This isn't Gallagher's strength. Playing either side of a holding player could also work, but Caicedo isn't really the player to sit on his own deep in midfield.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I said all along that Poch wouldn't change and point to the amount of chances we are creating and it looks like I was correct .

Lets hope with Palmer in the side now we will have a foil for Jackson to play off  and that leads to goals 

I wonder if Poch will play Reece RW when he's back from injury.

Just now, Max Fowler said:

I wonder if Poch will play Reece RW when he's back from injury.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. 

There was a video doing the rounds on YouTube showing why Chelsea can't break down a low block and City can and the upshot of it was that its because City have a core of three defenders who stay put and a tall holding player and the rest of them are a fluid attacking force , I can see us transitioning towards that going forwards. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all. 

There was a video doing the rounds on YouTube showing why Chelsea can't break down a low block and City can and the upshot of it was that its because City have a core of three defenders who stay put and a tall holding player and the rest of them are a fluid attacking force , I can see us transitioning towards that going forwards. 

I think the problem is not only Chilwell looking lost at LW, Sterling also gets out of position at RW and he is our best attacker right now. Would much prefer Sterling off the left and Chilwell LB - even sacrificing Malo Gusto for a CB if needed.

Injury update ahead of Bournemouth

• Benoit Badiashile – joined full team training for reconditioning phase.
  • Marcus Bettinelli - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.
  • Armando Broja – joined full team training for reconditioning phase.
  • Trevoh Chalobah - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.
  • Carney Chukwuemeka - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.
  • Wesley Fofana - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.
  • Reece James - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.
  • Christopher Nkunku - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.
  • Romeo Lavia – continuing to be assessed for an injury.

Benoit Badiashile – joined full team training for reconditioning phase.

Marcus Bettinelli - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Armando Broja – joined full team training for reconditioning phase.

Trevoh Chalobah - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme. 

Carney Chukwuemeka - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Wesley Fofana - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme. 

Reece James - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Christopher Nkunku - continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Romeo Lavia – continuing to be assessed for an injury.

16 hours ago, Rob B said:

Just because you’re playing in the two central positions doesn’t mean you have to hold though.  One player (Caicedo) plays the 4 / 6 position, and the other can play 6/8 depending on their profile.  

With 3 defenders who don’t get forward (Disasi, Silva and Colwill) plus Chilwell at left wing, and Caicedo,  there’s no reason why Enzo couldn’t play in the pivot with a license to get forward.  The benefit of this is that he gets on the ball deeper which gives him more time and space, but can still arrive late in the box. 

Martin1905 posted exactly the team I’d play..

Agreed on this. Enzo can play in the pivot with a licence to get forward and that's where I personally see him at his best as he can see the whole pitch. Same way Cesc used to do with Matic and Oscar playing at 10. The problem last year was Enzo was often left on his own as the deepest midfielder or partnered with someone like RLC. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

29 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

Agreed on this. Enzo can play in the pivot with a licence to get forward and that's where I personally see him at his best as he can see the whole pitch. Same way Cesc used to do with Matic and Oscar playing at 10. The problem last year was Enzo was often left on his own as the deepest midfielder or partnered with someone like RLC. 

Fabregas was exactly the player I had in mind when I was writing that post too

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect injuries permitting it'll be the same formation and personnel as against Forest . Hopefully with a different result , pick this side and lose again and he's surely got to be looking to implement some change of formation. 

Lose again and he'll be looking for more than a new formation. This is absolutely must-win.

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Lose again and he'll be looking for more than a new formation. This is absolutely must-win.

Did you see the press conference?

Some bell-end journalist tried desperately to get him to say it was a must win game so they could get an article out of it and ramp up the pressure should we lose and his retort was that every game is a must win game because he wants to win every game. 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Did you see the press conference?

Some bell-end journalist tried desperately to get him to say it was a must win game so they could get an article out of it and ramp up the pressure should we lose and his retort was that every game is a must win game because he wants to win every game. 

Yeah I am not sure why the journo brought up his away record.
Do you not think this is a must-win game then Mark?

49 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Yeah I am not sure why the journo brought up his away record.
Do you not think this is a must-win game then Mark?

I think like Poch thinks that they are all "must win games" 

At this stage of the season all that not winning in real terms  will really achieve is a melt down ( probably by me) on here ! 

Lets face it we could comprehensively outplay them , get turned down for a legitimate penalty , have a goal disallowed and they could smash one in from forty yards by a players who's never scored in his life and lose 1-0 the way our luck is. 

• Agree 1

For me..from day one onwards every Chelsea game has been and is a must win game....I don't follow Chelsea to watch them lose any more than any fan of any club at any level does with  "their" team.

Kipling's take on accepting success and failure is the measure of the issue.

What about a "must lose" game?...no such thing of course..the "must win" game is a thing of media glee and the crucial games are to be won on merit or with luck..both acceptable to the faithful at any club.

We, as indeed all fans, understand the importance and ramifications of any result and the media buffoonery (tried to cut back on that word usage but ...) present at every presser and publication is as substantial and insightful as a fart in a hurricane(Been in 4 hurricanes so I KNOW!).....

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think like Poch thinks that they are all "must win games" 

At this stage of the season all that not winning in real terms  will really achieve is a melt down ( probably by me) on here ! 

Lets face it we could comprehensively outplay them , get turned down for a legitimate penalty , have a goal disallowed and they could smash one in from forty yards by a players who's never scored in his life and lose 1-0 the way our luck is. 

I like his attitude.

We could lose unluckily but we could also have a repeat of Forest. Play well for a half but lack the ability to win.

If so, I don't see where our next win is coming from. Maybe Burnley but otherwise it's a rough few weeks ahead.

If we win suddenly there's a lot more hope and points available. That's why it's must-win.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I like his attitude.

We could lose unluckily but we could also have a repeat of Forest. Play well for a half but lack the ability to win.

If so, I don't see where our next win is coming from. Maybe Burnley but otherwise it's a rough few weeks ahead.

If we win suddenly there's a lot more hope and points available. That's why it's must-win.

Yeah, I get that reasoning. 

I think we'll win comfortably. 

• Like 1