Bournemouth 0 Chelsea 0

JaneB

I can see it now, 67th minute and Billing collects the balls at the half way line. He drives forward and plays a quick one-two with Max Aarons who's pushed up on the overlap out on the right, bypassing Caicedo in the process. Billing continues to stride forward into the open space left behind Caicedo, with neither Colwill or Silva stepping up to close the space ahead. Getting his head up, Billing recognises the space and chances his arm with a 35 yard pile driver of a shot that leaves the outstretched Sanchez completely beaten as  the ball bulges the top left corner. Billing wields away towards the corner flag to celebrate, as he plants a Drogba like knee-slide directly in front of the away fans. 

Bournemouth 1 - Chelsea 3.

16 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

The reason Chilwell has created chances is because he is not as crap as the players that should be creating chances - even though he is a left back.

Have we no alternative to playing Chilwell as a winger?

Is Maatsen easily an option.?

I'm already getting fed up with him making no sense.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Deservedly so I hasten to add… 

True, true ... just hope he did it to enforce the rules, and not out of the usual loathing for all things in Royal Blue. And doesn't repeat it ...

If we lose 1-0 tomorrow Brighton are going to make us look like mugs. Because we spent 110 million on their defensive midfielder and reinforced it with 90 million more of defensive midfielders and surprisingly still can't score. And yet they batter teams left, right, and centre. Not going to change with Europe. If we lose 1-0 we should seriously be looking at De Zerbi.

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think we're going to lose 1-0 again. 

8 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

If we lose 1-0 tomorrow Brighton are going to make us look like mugs. Because we spent 110 million on their defensive midfielder and reinforced it with 90 million more of defensive midfielders and surprisingly still can't score. And yet they batter teams left, right, and centre. Not going to change with Europe. If we lose 1-0 we should seriously be looking at De Zerbi.

Maybe Brighton are where they are because they spent three years building organically under Potter, then when he left they hired a manager that aligned with their ethos and could elevate things further. 

Also helps when you can do all this with little to no external pressure or expectations, while the traditional teams in and around that top 4-6 have fallen off considerably at the same time.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to see if Poch has learned anything from the last game.

Does he see that Maatsen and Palmer should be played?.

I'm not confident.Expect to see the same old same old approach after a home loss against one of the favourites to go down.

Roman would be already eyeing him up for departure.

11 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

A coach like De Zerbi wouldn't touch this shit show with a barge pole! He'll go somewhere where it isn't just "broken".

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Maybe Brighton are where they are because they spent three years building organically under Potter, then when he left they hired a manager that aligned with their ethos and could elevate things further. 

Also helps when you can do all this with little to no external pressure or expectations, while the traditional teams in and around that top 4-6 have fallen off considerably at the same time.

The same was said about Leicester and look where they are now.

Tony Bloom should be on the cover of Forbes for fleecing TB for over 200m in12 months  - Brighton are second tier club and will be back there in the next few years

I am going to be optimistic today. I think one reason we have struggled is because we struggle to break down teams that decide to play counterattack. This is especially a problem at home against the lesser lights, who tend to play some variant of 4-5-1. This is (clearly) caused by our lack of goals as everyone has said. Also, Poch is right - we are too soft. When we play away, I think we will do better because it is expected that the home team go on the attack.  That will give us more space. We should bear in mind that we have some of the best players in the league even if they are very young and some of them are available. I think if we play with pace and aggression, the space will be available for us to make a lot of chances and only a few of those need to be put away.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

The same was said about Leicester and look where they are now.

Tony Bloom should be on the cover of Forbes for fleecing TB for over 200m in12 months  - Brighton are second tier club and will be back there in the next few years

I wouldn't say Leicester are a great example personally, they never really gave the impression under Rodgers that there was a clear blueprint in place with what they wanted to do, and I think that reflected in a lot of their signings during his era when it came to replacing some of their better players that got poached away. 

But look, you're probably right that Brighton will eventually slide down the table at some point. De Zerbi has to take a lot of credit for what they're producing right now, he's always been a good manager and that was visible at Sassuolo. With that said, they also appear to be a far better run club than Leicester and know what they want to be. 

13 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I’m off to see Southend on Sea next Tuesday, to remind me of how bad it can really be. I pledge that I will eat a jar of winkles if we beat Bournemouth.

Might gave a get out of jail free card. Thanks to two red cards and a three injuries, Southend can only field eleven men. One pulled muscle in practice and the match is off - no winkles for me.  And Poch thinks it is a "tough transfer window"?