Bournemouth 0 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:00 hours on Sunday, 17th September 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Hilariously this early in the season a must win game ! Well done all.

Not Sanchez 

Gusto , Disasi , Colwill , Chilwell

Enzo , Caicedo 

Mudueke , Palmer , Sterling 

Jackson 

Yep, must win already as we cannot allow for this form to become permanent, we need to get a win and a convincing result. Oddly, I think this international break may help us as it will allow Poch and his staff to assess the opening weeks and hopefully come to the conclusion that they need to tweak the approach.

If we come back and see Colwill at LB though, I will be very worried.

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi* - Colwill - Chilwell

Lavia - Caicedo

Palmer - Enzo - Sterling

Jackson

*If Badiashile is fit, I'd bring him in.

Fully expecting us to lose multiple players to injury in the break so the above will no doubt change closer to the match.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, must win already as we cannot allow for this form to become permanent, we need to get a win and a convincing result. Oddly, I think this international break may help us as it will allow Poch and his staff to assess the opening weeks and hopefully come to the conclusion that they need to tweak the approach.

If we come back and see Colwill at LB though, I will be very worried.

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi* - Colwill - Chilwell

Lavia - Caicedo

Palmer - Enzo - Sterling

Jackson

*If Badiashile is fit, I'd bring him in.

Fully expecting us to lose multiple players to injury in the break so the above will no doubt change closer to the match.

I'm starting to think that maybe the issue isn't Silva being unable to play in a two CB set up and more that having convinced Colwill to stay by telling him he is in his plans he now has to play him. 

Colwill isn't a left back whilst he has a hole in his arse, Forest allowed Disasi to have the ball yesterday as they knew he'd do nothing with it. 

Maybe we need to get Silva and Colwill as a two and see how they get on? 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm starting to think that maybe the issue isn't Silva being unable to play in a two CB set up and more that having convinced Colwill to stay by telling him he is in his plans he now has to play him. 

Colwill isn't a left back whilst he has a hole in his arse, Forest allowed Disasi to have the ball yesterday as they knew he'd do nothing with it. 

Maybe we need to get Silva and Colwill as a two and see how they get on? 

Yeah, I was thinking that. It definitely feels like Poch is trying to force someone into the starting 11 and it has to be either Silva or Colwill. Colwill isn’t and will never be a LB, especially not in the modern game where they’re expected to be up and down the wing all game, this just simply isn’t his game. He can ping the ball around from the back, but he’s not overlapping and getting a pin point cross in.

• Agree 1

I think I’ll wait with the starting XI to after the international break. In all likelihood we’ll see a few injuries… But no more of this 3421 rubbish. Back to 4231 please with Enzo in a fairly free attacking role. 

Drop points here and Poch is under some serious pressure five games in… 

Edited by Sleeping Dave
  • Agree 2

What did he do wrong against Forest? The goal was conceded because a midfielder decided to eff around with the ball. Our only CB with the pace to recover was playing LB. I still have doubts Sanchez actually fouled the Wimbledon player and he kept a clean sheet against Luton.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 03/09/2023 at 11:44, Mark Kelly said:

I'm starting to think that maybe the issue isn't Silva being unable to play in a two CB set up

I think Silva is more than capable of playing four at the back, probably more so than any of the other options to be honest.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I know I’m gonna get pelted for this…

…but I’d love to see one of our players start a mass fight with them over a foul or something, just to see if we’re even capable of showing we’re not to be messed about with. 

Seriously doubt we'd win that ruck!!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sciatika said:

What did he do wrong against Forest? The goal was conceded because a midfielder decided to eff around with the ball.

Don’t wanna be too harsh on him and I do think the pen given against him was a joke, but he should’ve come off his line against Elanga and he was beaten by a power puff shot in to the corner.