Burnley 1 Chelsea 4

JaneB

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

The problem is you and others have been seriously overrating Enzo!

He might be a decent player who does a lot of work that doesn't catch the eye, but never in a million years is he close to being the elite level player his supporters claim him to be. Elite players stand out in any team week after week to a point where nobody questions there contribution to the team. You are correct though in bracketing him in with the likes of Kova and Mikel, which is a more realistic asssessment of his abilities.

I wouldn't say I've overrated Enzo, merely been aware of his talent going back to his time at River and being incredibly appreciative of that. He's since come here and been nothing short of excellent considering the environment he's walked into. I could just as easily flip the script and state you and others have been seriously dismissive. 

The idea that elite players have to stand out is rather naive and misguided in many ways. A lot of it is relative to the position the player plays and the role they occupy within a team, not ever player needs to be eye-catching. If I'm to really bracket Enzo with others, he's more along the lines of his fellow Argentine's Riquelme and Veron. Neither were dazzling in how they played or with what they did, but they were still some of the finest midfielders of their time (even if Veron struggled within the Premier League). 

Either way, I've certainly not claimed Enzo is some type of phenomena, and acknowledged he's still got things to work on in his game, but he's still a high quality player that provides far more then a lot give him credit for. I don't expect that to change because as I stated earlier, you either get him or you don't. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

Honestly mate you kill me.Ok let me simplify - Kante was an 'all rounder' in midfield.You describe him as "unique" "wonderful" and a "monster player" and then you say his shooting was worse than Makelele! - what was he specifically good at that made him a favourite of not only our supporters but also most of the football playing elite?

The way you describe him he is not even as good as Conor Gallagher never mind Enzo.

Why does anyone bother with you - you make ridiculous claims and then don't actually read the replies that ridicule them.

(or have I just missed the obvious - almost no one does bother with you).

15 hours ago, kev61 said:

I honestly wonder what people see through their eyes that are completely different from mine.

It’s nothing to do with their eyes more to do with the colour of the lenses they wear. 
😀

which for some changes match to match. 😀

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Why does anyone bother with you - you make ridiculous claims and then don't actually read the replies that ridicule them.

(or have I just missed the obvious - almost no one does bother with you).

Ha!.I should never have bothered with you.

You are full of manic canine excrement and most people know it,and yet you persist...incredible!- over and out.

Edited by kev61

38 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Ha!.I should never have bothered with you.

You are full of manic canine excrement and most people know it,and yet you persist...incredible!- over and out.

Behave Kev. 

sometimes in his previous life form  @Dwmhmight be right field, however many of his observations now are not so right field unlike those wearing rose tinted glasses and think everything is going to come up rosey. 

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Behave Kev. 

sometimes in his previous life form  @Dwmhmight be right field, however many of his observations now are not so right field unlike those wearing rose tinted glasses and think everything is going to come up rosey. 

I think you mean Left field.  I hope you mean Left field.  Whenever I say something conventional it drives some people wild.

32 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Behave Kev. 

Are these rose tinted folk in another forum? I can’t say I notice or come across them on here, so I presume they must be present somewhere else .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

Are these rose tinted folk in another forum? I can’t say I notice or come across them on here, so I presume they must be present somewhere else .

Ok. 
Let’s say reality and what some believe are stretched. At least we have not differed in our united opinion. 😀

1 hour ago, Dwmh said:

I think you mean Left field.  I hope you mean Left field.  Whenever I say something conventional it drives some people wild.

Left field, right field even standing in the right place, you get my drift. 

Edited by ROTG

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

Behave Kev. 

He's neither left field or right.He sits in a cowpat in the centre of a field with no - one around talking gibberish,even the cows keep their distance.

I have never in my life heard anyone that knows less about football and yet thinks he does.

My behaviour will improve because I have him on ignore.

More importantly back to a g+t in the beautiful dalyan.😉

I haven't had a chance to post in a while, really wanted to keep up with this game because I felt we might be building on something.

There seems to be a shift from trying to make a particular system work to just getting the win, I'm not sure if that's due to injuries and the team picking itself, but whatever it is let's keep at it; the results matter more than the project; I feel the project has a much higher chance of failing than us trying to win by pouncing on opposition mistakes, so I'm all for keeping it simple.